Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Kindle KeyBoard WiFi

This is about 2.5 yrs old. I recently purchased a new one. When I got it I decided to Divide my ebooks between them. I actually got this done a few weeks ago. Anyway Before I purched the new K3 the old one Refused to open any ebooks said it was Full. After I divided the ebooks things work OK BUT this afternoon I was adding ebooks to my Fire... Which has ALL my ebooks. I checked to see What Space they were taking up.....560 MB.

Questions 1. Doesn't this mean there was No Way the K3 should have been full to begin with? 2. What can I do to Fix it? Cause right now even tho I removed over half the ebooks on it, it still says I only have 481 MB Free Space left! 3. What ever you tell me to try PLEASE make the instruction in Baby Steps!!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
481 megabytes should hold quite a few books. No idea what is causing this. Did you try a restart?
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #3
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Try a restart. If that doesn't work, usually a factory reset works.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tried the restart. Not the Factory reset...ugh hate to put all the ebooks back on LOL Will IF I have to. Any other ideas?
Old 12-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #5
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Plug it in to a computer with a USB cable and look at the files. Sort by size ( use any file manager you have, the windows native one is fine for this)
See if any are really large. Audio files are huge compared to books. They will be in a different folder to documents. Delete them.......
Or copy them to the computer if you want to lsten to them again.

Also look for any garbage files, and anything created on a disk scan.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I don't have a clue what files are junk...
Old 12-14-2013, 02:01 AM   #7
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Look for strange extensions, But mainly files called file001.chk (or fileanynumber.chk) look for very large files. Look for audio files. Look to see if there is a folder called Found. Maybe ask on a computer forum if not sure.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #8
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Might be easier to just take it back to factory LOL Just hate to put all those ebooks back on sigh

OK Back to factory...3,104 MB Free! It only had 285 ebooks on it & zero AudioBooks... strange It would say full.

OK it Worked with all 285 ebooks on it, it now says 2,828 free!!

Now I can buy more ebooks LOL

Last edited by Barbara1955; 12-14-2013 at 08:45 PM.