Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Deleting Items from Carousel

I'm sorry if this is mentioned elsewhere, but yesterday I noticed I could remove items from my carousel. I had over 1000, so I spent a little time looking for a more universal way (I left 8 on the carousel), but couldn't find it, so just kept deleting, one-by-one.

Now that I have finished, is there a way to delete everything from your carousel, and just start over?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:37 AM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
The ability to delete from the carousel was just added in the last update. Unfortunately, it's one item at a time as far as I know. Hopefully, in a future update they give us the ability to customize it further like specifying specific categories only. I find the carousel kind of annoying, but at least we can delete items now.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2011, 09:48 AM   #3
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
I don't think there's any way to clear the whole carousel, but then, I don't really have a problem with the carousel in the first place; it's just a list of apps and books you've accessed historically - they aren't running apps, and they don't take up any resources. I guess there are privacy concerns but now that the Fire is lockable I don't really have much of a problem with that. I suppose if one is frequently reading erotica or something and they don't want their kids picking up their Kindle and finding it, there could be an issue.

I guess it would be nice if Amazon allowed for a "clear carousel cache" option, but even better would be the option to decide what apps or categories of apps did or did not show up in the carousel. I'd love to be able to pick an option that only showed books, periodicals, and game apps, for instance.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:16 AM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
I don't think there's any way to clear the whole carousel, but then, I don't really have a problem with the carousel in the first place; it's just a list of apps and books you've accessed historically - they aren't running apps, and they don't take up any resources. I guess there are privacy concerns but now that the Fire is lockable I don't really have much of a problem with that. I suppose if one is frequently reading erotica or something and they don't want their kids picking up their Kindle and finding it, there could be an issue.

I guess it would be nice if Amazon allowed for a "clear carousel cache" option, but even better would be the option to decide what apps or categories of apps did or did not show up in the carousel. I'd love to be able to pick an option that only showed books, periodicals, and game apps, for instance.
You can remove everything off it one by one but as you buy books, use apps and sites....etc you have to remove them again. I went to NC with a empty Carousel. Good thing to because my MIL used my Fire for a bit.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:58 PM   #5
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
There was a post back when how you clear "apps" and "videos" and "webpages" from the carousel all at once for each of those. Books however I believe are a different matter.

I guess just search "Carousel" on this forum to try to find it.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
There was a post back when how you clear "apps" and "videos" and "webpages" from the carousel all at once for each of those. Books however I believe are a different matter.

I guess just search "Carousel" on this forum to try to find it.
That's a great point! I remember that post. Here is the link to it.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=92

I think the irritation for many of us that had Kindle accounts before the Fire is that we have hundreds of books in that carousel that still need to be individually deleted.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:47 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
That's a great point! I remember that post. Here is the link to it.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=92

I think the irritation for many of us that had Kindle accounts before the Fire is that we have hundreds of books in that carousel that still need to be individually deleted.
2000+ here It took me hours to clean it all out. Since Christmas I have purchased about 50 books.

It never ends!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:15 PM   #8
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Absolutely. When I first got my kindle, I went wild on free ebooks. I have a large library on Amazon, that I will probably never read.

Now I have 8 books on my carousel (1 contemporary romance, 1 historical romance, 2 thrillers, 1 popular fiction, 1 sociology, 1 self-help, and 1 autobiography).
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote