Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-26-2010, 06:40 PM   #16
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I'd consider one, but it's so danged ugly compared to my Nook Color.
I have to say I agree, although I wouldn't dismiss the nook as ugly. Perhaps, merely that the NC with the advantage of a touch screen has a smoother feel.

Went by B&N today and played with the nook and NookColor. That NC is one fine little gadget, if you are looking for something that does much more than reading books.

When I went over and picked up the nook and messed with it for a while, I must say that for pure visual appeal and intuitive ease of use, the NC won out easily. The magazines were superb, and everything just moved smoothly and, for the most part, intuitively.

But if I were to replace my current reader, I would still choose the nook classic because reading books is all I need it for, and that's a job it does just fine. If I want to search the web away from my computer, I can use my phone with the 3G data plan I'm already paying for.

I can see the appeal of the Nook Color, there is no doubt. But I think it is unfair to call the nook classic ugly just because it isn't an iPad wannabe.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
I can see the appeal of the Nook Color, there is no doubt. But I think it is unfair to call the nook classic ugly just because it isn't an iPad wannabe.
It's ugly because it has a white, shiny bezel. Anything with a white, shiny case is ugly in my book. Put the Nook in a case similar to the Nook Color, and it becomes quite beautiful.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2010, 07:44 PM   #18
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
It's ugly because it has a white, shiny bezel. Anything with a white, shiny case is ugly in my book. Put the Nook in a case similar to the Nook Color, and it becomes quite beautiful.
*Rolls eyes

My bad. I thot you were basing your comment on reality.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:26 PM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
*Rolls eyes

My bad. I thot you were basing your comment on reality.
My reality. In my world of electronic gadgets, white is ghastly and quite forbidden.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:53 PM   #20
RW2112
Connoisseur
RW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beautyRW2112 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad 2
Ah, the wonderful world of planet Tubemonkey...

I will give ya that, the white is a poor choice for color. However I can buy a back cover and frame for less than the cost of the NC, and green in my pocket is definitely a color I can live with...
RW2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2010, 09:51 PM   #21
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Quote:
Don't forget that the Nook Classic can read my ole Ereader.com DRM books out of the box (just try that with the NC) and the battery life on the classic is MUCH better!

zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #22
volosong
volosong began at the beginning.

Device: EeePC
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post
Come on dude, how about a link??
I'm sorry. I didn't see this post until just now. Went back to the link and it was a "daily special". There is a banner across the image saying, "Done Deal". Looks like Best Buy has the "best buy" right now.
volosong is offline   Reply With Quote