Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #46
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmonkey View Post
Would it be possible to implement a keyboard shortcut to rotate screen eg. for 270°? I know that the screen rotating feature works when muPDF is launched while the screen being rotated, however, it would be nice to have the ability to change it instantly. And changing screen orientantion as mentioned in ShortCuts Overview page on Wiki does not work properly (I can't manage to view fully the rotated page -> the "fit to.." options does not work).

Thanks for answer and, mainly, for your great work!!!
The rotating feature (0°, 90°, 180°, 270°) provided by the original system is different from the one you use when reading pdf in muPDF. The latter one has more granularity and is still under development.

dpavlin is working on that part, you can refer to his pull request for more information:
https://github.com/hwhw/kindlepdfviewer/pull/10

So may I ask which rotating feature do you want to intrigue with shortcut?
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:33 AM   #47
vmonkey
vmonkey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I mean - you can use J and K to rotate screen for 10° (which I don't find too useful) - as it is written in the pull request, the major rotation used are 90°, 180° and 270°. In fact it would be great to use Shift+J to rotate screen for 90° in one direction and Shift+K in the other one. And somehow to fix centering of rotated pdfs...

Another thing - on my k3w when you want to get to the next page in a PDF you have to use the rigth buttons > and <, not the left ones < and >, because the left ones do not work.

Thanks for your reply.
vmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:12 AM   #48
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmonkey View Post
I mean - you can use J and K to rotate screen for 10° (which I don't find too useful) - as it is written in the pull request, the major rotation used are 90°, 180° and 270°. In fact it would be great to use Shift+J to rotate screen for 90° in one direction and Shift+K in the other one. And somehow to fix centering of rotated pdfs...

Another thing - on my k3w when you want to get to the next page in a PDF you have to use the rigth buttons > and <, not the left ones < and >, because the left ones do not work.

Thanks for your reply.
I see, so you are referring to the rotation feature provided by the original system (which already has centering support). A shortcut for this kinds of rotation is easy to implement, because it can be achieved by shell commands. But I think it is better to first discuss with hawill and other developers on which shortcut should be used for this task.

As for the 10° rotation, I agree with dpavlin that it may be useful for viewing comics (as he pointed out in the pull request). So I think would be better to leave Shift+K and Shift+J shortcut to these two motions.

I will try to write a menu for the rotation feature you mentioned if I have time. I am now working on the search feature. It is half done and should be finished tomorrow if I am lucky enough. :-)

At last, thank you for pointing out the bug for "left < and >", I have fixed it in my repo and sent a pull request to hawill. He seems to be a little bit busy and haven't merge the request yet. After I finished the search feature, I will pack a new release with this fix and put the download link in this thread.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #49
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Yep, a bit busy, unfortunately. But merging right now :-)
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #50
traycold
Connoisseur
traycold doesn't littertraycold doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo Hd, Kobo H2O2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
As for djvu: I'll look into that, but that will take some time. It's a complete new API...
possible suggestion for DJVU implementation: giving a look at DjVuLibre source code, it seems to me particularly interesting the source of the standalone tool ddjvu (i.e. a command line tool that decodes one or more pages of a djvu file, and saves them to a tiff or pdf file, or print them out to standard out as raw images). The relevant file is (inside the source archive) tools/ddjvu.cpp.
While i'm not totally sure, possibly it could be a reference for what is needed in kindlepdfreader, since (if i correctly understood the code) a djvu file is opened, decoded and rendered as a raw image.
At that point if it's possible to save the decoded image into the blibuffer structure, then most of the work should be done.

I hope this could be helpful.
traycold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #51
dave2008
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by traycold View Post
possible suggestion for DJVU implementation: giving a look at DjVuLibre source code, it seems to me particularly interesting the source of the standalone tool ddjvu (i.e. a command line tool that decodes one or more pages of a djvu file, and saves them to a tiff or pdf file, or print them out to standard out as raw images). The relevant file is (inside the source archive) tools/ddjvu.cpp.
While i'm not totally sure, possibly it could be a reference for what is needed in kindlepdfreader, since (if i correctly understood the code) a djvu file is opened, decoded and rendered as a raw image.
At that point if it's possible to save the decoded image into the blibuffer structure, then most of the work should be done.

I hope this could be helpful.
Agree with you! Will you work on it?
Old 02-19-2012, 02:59 AM   #52
dave2008
Addict

eLiNK

I have added a simple search feature and made a new built. The search box can be invoked by "s" key. Again, it can be downloaded from this page:
https://github.com/houqp/kindlepdfviewer/downloads

new documents:
https://github.com/hwhw/kindlepdfvie...ForFileBrowser

Only tested on my k3G, hope it also works on your KDXG. ;-P

Last edited by dave2008; 02-19-2012 at 03:03 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:04 AM   #53
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
eLiNK

I have added a simple search feature and made a new built. The search box can be invoked by "s" key. Again, it can be downloaded from this page:

new documents:
https://github.com/hwhw/kindlepdfvie...ForFileBrowser

wow, that was fast.
Thanks, testing ...
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:23 AM   #54
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
If somebody decides to implement DJVU functionality into the Kindle, it would be good to take a look at the Tigran DJVU viewer for Hanlin. It is very good, allowing custom zoom, panning and automatic multi-column reading.

Take a look at it here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62273
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:09 AM   #55
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
eLiNK
it works but has some issues
1) a wrong file gets opened from the 'search results' window
2) impossible to enter numbers
3) returning back (pressing backspace) from an opened pdf file gives you the window of the file manager. It would be more preferable to get the 'search results' window
Old 02-19-2012, 05:30 AM   #56
dave2008
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLiNK View Post
3) returning back (pressing backspace) from an opened pdf file gives you the window of the file manager. It would be more preferable to get the 'search results' window
Oops, my bad. Thanks for your report, I should test more before release next time.

I will fix them tonight. :-)
Old 02-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #57
traycold
Connoisseur
traycold doesn't littertraycold doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo Hd, Kobo H2O2
Quote:
Agree with you! Will you work on it?
hi,
i will try to do something, but reastically i don't think my lack of skill in C will allow me to produce something working.
If it was something java-based (like android) i could have done definitely something more concrete. To this extent, i tried to see if was possible to develop a java based (kindlet) djvu viewer for kindle, based on javadjvu. But i think that this sort of implementation would require a bit more of hardware resource respect the ones of kindle (even not considering the limitations of kindlets).

Quote:
Originally Posted by slex View Post
If somebody decides to implement DJVU functionality into the Kindle, it would be good to take a look at the Tigran DJVU viewer for Hanlin. It is very good, allowing custom zoom, panning and automatic multi-column reading.
Take a look at it here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62273
this sound indeed very interesting. The project has been ported to SourceForge; here you can find the latest source archive.

Last edited by traycold; 02-19-2012 at 09:50 AM.
traycold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #58
dave2008
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLiNK View Post
You can now check out the new download for these three fixes:

Thanks again for your report :-)

Last edited by dave2008; 02-21-2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: update download link
Old 02-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #59
dave2008
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by traycold View Post
hi,
i will try to do something, but reastically i don't think my lack of skill in C will allow me to produce something working.
If it was something java-based (like android) i could have done definitely something more concrete. To this extent, i tried to see if was possible to develop a java based (kindlet) djvu viewer for kindle, based on javadjvu. But i think that this sort of implementation would require a bit more of hardware resource respect the ones of kindle (even not considering the limitations of kindlets).
that's a pity. Good luck to your java viewer then. :-)
Old 02-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #60
eLiNK
Addict

Quote:
You can now check out the new download for these three fixes:
https://github.com/downloads/houqp/k...er-83fa148.zip

Thanks again for your report :-)
Thank YOU.
Works like a charm.

and a nice exercise in lua programming as well