Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-21-2012, 12:48 AM   #1
chooks
chooks began at the beginning.

Device: Laser
Sending to device problem

Hi
I seriously hope someone can help me because I've no idea whats happening, I've used Calibre for a long time now and I've been really happy with it, I mostly use it to edit metadata, convert ebooks and send to my device, anyway my problem is when i send any book across it's been sorted into the author album then the series album then the ebook but theres now a question mark next to the title and when i click to open it comes up with file open failed, this is happening with every book - i've tried to do one at a time and its a no go, I've even tried to copy and paste one from my calibre library and it still doesn't work yet when i send them to my sisters e-reader it works, also i've tried it with calibre portable and it hasn't worked but when i use my son's laptop it works, it seems like my laptop doesn't like my e-reader but seriously that just doesn't make sense especially as its worked in the past, any help will be greatly appreciated thanks
chooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:36 AM   #2
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
are we supposed to guess the make/name of the device in question & the format it uses; also have you tried resetting it to factory defaults ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 03:37 AM   #3
chooks

oops sorry about that its a laser (sold in australia) and it recognises quite a few formats but i only use epub and yes i've tried to reset it but still no luck
Old 02-21-2012, 04:29 AM   #4
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
if , as you say , it is only an issue with one specific laptop, & that the books are OK when sent via a different PC, then try backing up your calibre library then uninstalling and reinstalling calibre. you could also try setting all calibre preferences that are to do with send to device back to default, before you try that, just in case you've somehow messed up a preference and are e.g. putting strange characters into the book title
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:36 AM   #5
chooks

thanks for the tips, i'll try them out and let you know
Advert
Old 02-21-2012, 05:01 AM   #6
chooks

well i tried everything you said and none of them worked, its got me stumped on whats going on
Old 02-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Your Anti-virus active-scan may be messing with your file . IMHO always have your Anti-virus ASK what to do (At least you will know it was doing something to a file)

You have a (marginal) defective USB port on either your device or your PC (they don't play nice together)

(My first PEz would fail (and corrupt the file system) if I used a Intel 82801 based USB port in USB2 mode. My Second PEz works just peachy on the same Intel port.)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote