Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-29-2009, 07:21 PM   #1
enarchay
Zealot
enarchay began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question about M-Edge for Sony 505

I ordered an M-Edge Executive jacket for my Sony 505, and I'm wondering if the strap-system will keep the Sony in place well enough. Do any of you have any experience with this? Does it stay in place? Also, do you think folding the left side of the leather behind it could rip it?

Also, by mistake I ordered two of them. The brand I got was "discontinued" so that "all sales are finale," so do you think Amazon would let me return it for this mistake?
enarchay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by enarchay View Post
I ordered an M-Edge Executive jacket for my Sony 505, and I'm wondering if the strap-system will keep the Sony in place well enough. Do any of you have any experience with this? Does it stay in place? Also, do you think folding the left side of the leather behind it could rip it?

Also, by mistake I ordered two of them. The brand I got was "discontinued" so that "all sales are finale," so do you think Amazon would let me return it for this mistake?

My Medge cover works fine. The 505 stays in Place. No worries. I use it everyday. I fold it back on it self and stick the flap in to the slit. That keep the cover firmly in place behind the 505 as you are reading.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I do the same and my 505 stays put. Am very pleased with the MEdge cover. They have a new one on the market now but I haven't had a chance to see one yet.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:24 PM   #4
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I love mine - the straps are very secure and the case is stiff enough to provide good protection for the screen. I bend the cover back to read, and have had no problems whatsoever.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #5
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
I agree with the others. The straps on my M-edge hold the Reader VERY securely. It doesn't budge, and feels very stable. I don't read with the cover folded back, never did with paperbacks, either, so I can't comment on that. But the spine appears to be very flexible, so I wouldn't think bending it back would be an issue.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #6
MasterGame
Enthusiast
MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by enarchay View Post
Does the discontinued M-Edge model on clearance at Amazon use straps to hold in the 505? I saw a post somewhere saying that the older M-Edge leather covers hold the device using clips into the holes on top and bottom, like the original Sony cover.
MasterGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #7
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGame View Post
Does the discontinued M-Edge model on clearance at Amazon use straps to hold in the 505? I saw a post somewhere saying that the older M-Edge leather covers hold the device using clips into the holes on top and bottom, like the original Sony cover.
Good question. I am not sure about that. You would have to ask more of the knowledgeable people at MR about that point.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:32 AM   #8
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
The original M-Edge cover uses straps for the top two corners and fixed triangle corners for the bottom two.

If there was a M-Edge cover that used clips I am not aware of it.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #9
MasterGame
Enthusiast
MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.MasterGame once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
The original M-Edge cover uses straps for the top two corners and fixed triangle corners for the bottom two.

If there was a M-Edge cover that used clips I am not aware of it.
Thanks. That's exactly what I wanted to find out.
MasterGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #10
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I recently got a close-out price on my M-Edge cover from an Amazon seller. Very nice. My only gripe is the closure strap. I like to fold the cover completely and, the way I hold it, the strap is in the way. So I've been inserting it back into the slot, backwards. But it doesn't fold quite as flat and I'm sure the severe bending is no good for strap life.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:18 PM   #11
ht1948
ht1948 doesn't litterht1948 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Can I ask why people don't use the soft cover that comes with the reader. I find it pretty stylish.
ht1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #12
hidari
MR Drone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ht1948 View Post
Can I ask why people don't use the soft cover that comes with the reader. I find it pretty stylish.
I have accidentally sat on my 505 several times and Due to the hard executive leather cover with the HARD plastic/leather cover....... has saved my screen at least on two occasions.

Maybe the Sony case would do the same...BUT< the MEDGE one is much stronger.....
Old 06-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #13
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I still use the standard cover quite often. I have 3 covers I rotate between depending on my mood that week.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #14
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I carry mine in my purse, and I never felt quite 'safe' with the Sony cover, although some people say it's quite all right for that purpose. I use the M-edge because it's sturdier and offers more protection.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:20 PM   #15
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ht1948 View Post
Because the plastic clip that holds the reader into the cover broke off, and you can't get a replacement clip.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote