Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-14-2016, 11:09 AM   #1
RJ2
RJ2 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRST2
Hello Everyone

I hope I am in the right place to discuss Calibre and make suggestions. Some background. I have been using Calibre since 2012. I currently have over 37K books in it. (gotta love eReaderIQ)

With that many books there are many with the same title and different authors. As an example I have 7 books named Sweet Revenge with 7 different authors.

Currently Calibre only recognizes the same names and presumes they are all duplicates. Is there any way I can somehow make a setting to find duplicates only if the title and author are the same. I just uploaded over 100 books and had that hit 6 different titles but separate authors.

(and incase you are wondering... yes I have read about 20K of the books I have. I was ecstatic when ebooks came out and got my first Sony reader in 2007 and I could go digital. I left huge heavy hardbacks on airplanes for the attendants to read and share all over the world for years)
RJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:14 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Your thread has been moved OUT of the Introduce Yourself forum - where members introduce themselves to other members - and has been moved TO the Calibre Forum.

If you wish to introduce yourself to our members (a courteous gesture), you may create a new thread in the Introduce Yourself Forum.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-14-2016 at 11:17 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2016, 11:46 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Are you using the Find Duplicates Plugin (PI)?
You need to choose the compare rules on how the Authors and Titles are treated
You also can choose what compare gets done.

If you are talking about Duplicates durring Add books: Preferences: adding Books: and make Changes to the Automerge setting (or disable)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 05:41 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@RJ2 - I don't know of a way to suppress the 'warning', such as an option to check similarity of Title and Author. I often wish for it when adding to some libraries, but in another busy library I like having just the Title.

If anything were to be done, such as a tweak to include Author in Add Books duplicate checks, I would only use it if it was a library preference, if it was global I probably wouldn't use it.

Aside : one of the things I dislike about e-books is that I can't leave them in airport lounges, bus stops etc for others to read

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote