Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-20-2009, 03:25 PM   #1
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Ideas for the GoodReads MobileRead group

Hey guys-
Now we've got over 100 members on the GoodReads group, but very little postings. I'm trying to get things moving again, and wondered if anyone had some good topics for discussion or things you'd like to see on there. Maybe the bookclub discussion for the runner-up of the book club? Or maybe reading challenges? Any thoughts?

And if you aren't already a member, what are you waiting for?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
If you can find a well rounded list (I don't think the 1001 list is) that is short enough for most folks to feel doable, maybe 50-100 books, I think a challenge would be fun. We did one years ago on another forum with the AFI's 100 best movie list (we even revoted the list when we were done) and it was a blast.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Well we could do a challenge with books that are available on MR.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:03 PM   #4
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Hey guys-
Now we've got over 100 members on the GoodReads group, but very little postings. I'm trying to get things moving again, and wondered if anyone had some good topics for discussion or things you'd like to see on there. Maybe the bookclub discussion for the runner-up of the book club? Or maybe reading challenges? Any thoughts?
I'd actually forgotten I was a member there - and I get the e-mail updates!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote