Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
Fixed Layout Ebooks - Kindle - Nook specs etc

I'm so confused with the info I read about fixed layout pubs. ( no audio or video) as this is another confusing area along with epub 3. I know Apple supports fixed layouts as I have done a few and read that Kindle and Nook support as well. But I need to know if I can create the Apple standard and from that either edit or add whatever xml or separate files needed for the fixed layout to display and work correctly in the other formats besides Apple. This epub world is changing every week and I need to know what I'm talking about concerning fixed layouts.

any help?

RD
ralphiedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphiedee View Post
I'm so confused with the info I read about fixed layout pubs. ( no audio or video) as this is another confusing area along with epub 3. I know Apple supports fixed layouts as I have done a few and read that Kindle and Nook support as well. But I need to know if I can create the Apple standard and from that either edit or add whatever xml or separate files needed for the fixed layout to display and work correctly in the other formats besides Apple. This epub world is changing every week and I need to know what I'm talking about concerning fixed layouts.

any help?

RD
Actually, since you aren't embedding audio or video, why not just make a PDF set for the iPad?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphiedee View Post

any help?

RD
There is a wiki article in our wiki about this Fixed layout ePub. It includes the efforts to standardize this in ePub 3.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote