Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 05-23-2010, 02:40 PM   #16
obs20
Wizard
obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 600, Nook ST, Toshiba Excite 10.1 AT 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
This is published by Amazon and I am unable to find another format.

I've wanted to read this, so I second it. MR lrf format , MR mobi / prc format Also @ feedbooks as the single book.
You could find it at Kobo:
http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Resur...u1Q/page1.html
obs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Perhaps.... I would say borderline reading the summaries and reviews. That said, it is not in the Kindle store... is it available as an ebook somewhere?

BOb
Yes, The Dice Man is available as an eBook.

http://www.ebooks.com/ebooks/book_di...asp?IID=281547
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2010, 02:50 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll third The Thirty-Nine Steps.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:00 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I'll nominate Last Man Standing by David Baldacci.

Quote:
It took ten seconds for Web London to lose everything: his friends, his team, his reputation. Point man of the FBI's super-elite Hostage Rescue Team, Web roared into a blind alley toward a drug dealer's lair, only to meet a high-tech, custom-designed ambush that killed everyone around him. Now coping with the blame-filled words of anguished widows and the suspicions of colleagues, Web tries to put his life back together with the help of his psychiatrist, Dr. Claire Daniels. To do so, he must discover why he was the one man who lived through the ambush--and find the only other person who came out of that alley alive...a ten-year-old boy who has since disappeared.

Web's search leads him from inner-city Washington, D.C., to the rolling hills of Virginia horse country--while people connected to him are violently silenced. Acting on his instincts, Web believes he knows where the killer will strike next. Only this time, he may not survive the attack. LAST MAN STANDING is an explosive psychological thriller about a man desperate to find answers--from the secret terrors he has kept from himself to his unbearable guilt. His fight to save himself and those he cares for will come at a high cost...and threaten everything he has grown to believe in. With vividly realized characters and a breathtaking pace, this is another spellbinding novel from David Baldacci, one of today's best storytellers.
I've read other books by Baldacci and he is a very good author.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #20
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

I've read other books by Baldacci and he is a very good author.
I'll second this - I've not read any Baldacci, but I've heard good reports.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2010, 03:43 PM   #21
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
Quote:
I'll Third this one.
yekim54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #22
glowhappy
lost my wits...
glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
This is published by Amazon and I am unable to find another format.
Its at Lulu, Amazon, Kobo and Smashwords. Does this help?

link to Inkmesh
http://www.inkmesh.com/ebooks/resurr...qs=Gabriel+May

Last edited by glowhappy; 05-23-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: corrections
glowhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #23
glowhappy
lost my wits...
glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by obs20 View Post
ackkkk, you beat me to it
glowhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:56 PM   #24
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Yes, The Dice Man is available as an eBook.

http://www.ebooks.com/ebooks/book_di...asp?IID=281547
Interesting that they quote a price in $ US one would imagine. But at the bottom of the spec page....

"This book is only available to customers in the following countries: United Kingdom."

Getting somewhere even if only in PDF.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:01 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Interesting that they quote a price in $ US one would imagine. But at the bottom of the spec page....

"This book is only available to customers in the following countries: United Kingdom."

Getting somewhere even if only in PDF.
I just took a look and I do not see any geo restrictions listed. Can you please take a screen grab and post it?
Old 05-23-2010, 10:26 PM   #26
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hope you can see this.

Last edited by SneakySnake; 10-23-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:55 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Hope you can see this.
I am in the USA and I do not see the geo restrictions you've pointed out.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:04 PM   #28
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
I am in the USA and I do not see the geo restrictions you've pointed out.
Never mind. The ebook earth is slow, but the Ozzie oxen are patient.

Cheers
Old 05-23-2010, 11:14 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

The question remains...Is The Dice Man allowed to be nominated?
Old 05-23-2010, 11:54 PM   #30
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

I hold to my nomination for "The Dice Man" if allowed. I have done some more searching, and I think you can get it here....

http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/cgi-bin...Man-eBook.html

I haven't tried to purchase anything from Diesel books. Will it work in all countries?