Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #661
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Really how? I have mostly cd's for driving and downloads for my clip zip. Those I get from the library. I'm big on walking miles. But I don't want to be tied to a monthly subscription. I usually just wait for sales and buy. But there a few audiobooks that I am dying to get so I thought I could get one of them and use this coupon to save some money. I am ready for more listening but without the commitments.
You just click on sign in, and then use your Amazon account or create a new account. You don't need to commit to a plan.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #662
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Really how? I have mostly cd's for driving and downloads for my clip zip. Those I get from the library. I'm big on walking miles. But I don't want to be tied to a monthly subscription. I usually just wait for sales and buy. But there a few audiobooks that I am dying to get so I thought I could get one of them and use this coupon to save some money. I am ready for more listening but without the commitments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
You just click on sign in, and then use your Amazon account or create a new account. You don't need to commit to a plan.
If you're new to Audible, you can click on this link and get two free audiobooks with a free 30-day trial period. After that, you're free to cancel.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #663
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
If you're new to Audible, you can click on this link and get two free audiobooks with a free 30-day trial period. After that, you're free to cancel.

My understanding is, on this plan, if you don't cancel then you're charged $14.95 each month, which will entitle you to earn one credit.

Apparently, one uses a credit to 'purchase' an audiobook.

In special instances, I am led to believe, audiobooks take more than one credit to 'purchase.'

Is this scenario correct?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #664
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
My understanding is, on this plan, if you don't cancel then you're charged $14.95 each month, which will entitle you to earn one credit.
That's correct. Here's the fine print:
Quote:
*Try Audible free, for 30 days. Your free trial includes credits for two free audiobooks. After 30 days your paid membership will begin, at $14.95 per month. With your membership you will receive one credit every month, good for any audiobook on Audible.

Cancel anytime, effective the next billing cycle. Cancel before your trial ends and you will not be charged. Check out the full terms and policies that apply to Audible membership.

Quote:
Apparently, one uses a credit to 'purchase' an audiobook.

In special instances, I am led to believe, audiobooks take more than one credit to 'purchase.'

Is this scenario correct?
Correct; only a few books charge two credits. The vast majority are one credit.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #665
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the information on this, tubemonkey.

---Slightly OT:

Do you recall some negative comments on something to do with Amazon sharing its ebook account information with Audible? (I realize it's the same company, but there were a few disgruntled individuals, but I can't remember any details, except it had something to do with billing. I'll move this to its own thread, if you feel this is not a correct place for any discussion on this.)

Thanks.

Don
Advert
Old 08-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #666
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
I don't have an existing account nor do I want to create a new one yet. I bought 20 cd's from Tantor on their last 50% sale for my gridlock commute. I have about 5 left. I'll try on my phone again. I was hoping to use the special for an audible book that I want badly. If it requires an account, I am not ready yet. Thank you so much for your help.
Use your amazon login - everyone with an amazon acct has an audible acct already.

Note: this offer is limited to those in the US (according to some of the fine print).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #667
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:

---Slightly OT:

Do you recall some negative comments on something to do with Amazon sharing its ebook account information with Audible? (I realize it's the same company, but there were a few disgruntled individuals, but I can't remember any details, except it had something to do with billing. I'll move this to its own thread, if you feel this is not a correct place for any discussion on this.)

Thanks.

Don
Don - I don't know if there are negative comments about it (although I'm sure some people will be upset about anything), but if you have an Audible account tied to your Amazon acct (same login credentials), then you see your audible books on your kindle acct. You can also listen to them from your Kindle, if it is one with speakers or sound output.

If you have a subscription acct, you also get your choice of the NYT or (I think), the Washington Post, daily (free). You can listen from any audible app or a kindle (with speakers, again) on the acct.

They do have periodic sales where if you have two credits, you get three books and every now and then 2-for-1 credit deals.

If you run out of credits, you can usually buy three for about $35 (slight discount).

You can still pay for books, if they work out to less than the $10-$15 you have in a credit.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #668
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:

---Slightly OT:

Thanks.
YW

I don't recall that; maybe someone else does. As far as being off topic, I don't believe in the term ...so feel free to discuss it here; I'm cool with it.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #669
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
I remember the complaints. I don't really remember the specifics though.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:53 AM   #670
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rh3a View Post

Quote:
What can $5 get you at Audible?

Whispersync for Voice
[LIST][*]$0.99 Classics (108 titles)
I picked up five of the $0.99 classics

Quote:
Their previous offer was for only one book, IIRC
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:11 AM   #671
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I picked up five of the $0.99 classics
Cool; that's what I plan on doing too

Quote:
Their previous offer was for only one book, IIRC
There are several offers out there. Some with one free audiobook and some with two.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #672
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

For me, those 99-cent classics are already showing as being free.

??

Don
Old 08-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #673
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
For me, those 99-cent classics are already showing as being free.

??
The Kindle books are free and the companion Audible books are $0.99. The link takes you to the Kindle page. You must buy or already own the Kindle book first. Once that is done, you're then eligible for the reduced priced Audible book.

Whispersync for Voice - How it Works
Old 08-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #674
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rh3a View Post
Thanks. I was able to get it without facebook, too.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:38 AM   #675
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Here's the fine print for this Free $5 Audible Coupon:

Note: be advised that you must use this $5 coupon within 90 days of obtaining it -- that means it'll expire anywhere from 17~23 Nov 2013 -- YMMV

Quote:
To our more than 1 million listeners and fans on Facebook - thanks.
We're grateful for everything you do to help make the Audible Facebook community vibrant and enriching.

Enjoy this gift of $5 as a token of our appreciation.
Available to the first 100,000 fans that claim this offer. Offer expires on 08/26/13.

Terms and conditions:
The promotion is valid for a limited time only and while promotional items supplies last. The promotion applies only to items sold by audible.com. The same items sold by other sellers (e.g. audible.co.uk, etc.) do not qualify. Claim codes cannot be resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any other Audible account, except where required by law. The coupon is valid for audio content only and will expire if not used within 90 days. The offer is only available to customers in the United States. Audible account required. Other terms and conditions apply, including those available at http://www.audible.com/gift-terms. If you violate any of the terms or conditions, the promotion will be invalid, and the offer will not apply. Audible reserves the right to modify or cancel at any time. Void where prohibited.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-17-2013 at 02:42 AM.