Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #16
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
It is however still impossible to open the edit screen (I mean the one with the keyboard) of the Japanese and the French definition dictionary. Switching the user language did not make any difference in this respect. As for the other dictionaries, I did not test all of them, but of those I did I am able to open the edit screen.

Thanks again to everybody for helpful comments.
problems with the same languages as me, so definitely a 2.14 bug.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #17
Ignatz Mouse
Zealot
Ignatz Mouse doesn't litterIgnatz Mouse doesn't litterIgnatz Mouse doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch, Galaxy Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
not at all the concerns you expressed here, but still a dictionnary concern : I'm French and learned (very very long ago) German, but I never have the occasion to use that language, I'm, say, a bit rusty. I'd like to read in German now with my reader (finding german paper books to read in my lost countryside is just impossible ), I'd like to have a German-French dictionnary.

So first question : as it's not implemented for now in the Glo, is it possible to add one, if yes, by what means ?

Second question : if the answer to the first question is no, as I set the main language of my Glo to "French" and as the Glo as a built-in German-English dictionnary, is it possible to have, at least, a german-to-english translation with French kept set as main language ?

I don't want to buy a german speaking book if I can't look for words I don't understand...
We are exactly in the same case : French ( Brittany ) wanting to read German books and needing German/French dictionary.

I'm now with Kobo 2.1.5 and still no such dictionary.

I must use the "Deutsch-English" from the Kobo, but I could buy one "Deutsch-Français" if possible ( but alas, not possible )

I find many free epub german popular books ( Science fiction, crime, western from 1890-1920 ) here :
http://de.wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource:E-books

But many other are available on Gutenberg :
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/CategoryE_Bücherregal
For Vice-Versa ( and me, of course ) it's better to begin with children books like "Max und Moritz" ( Wilhelm Busch ) :
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/DE_Kin...h_(Bücherregal)
Ignatz Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #18
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatz Mouse View Post
We are exactly in the same case : French ( Brittany ) wanting to read German books and needing German/French dictionary.

I'm now with Kobo 2.1.5 and still no such dictionary.

I must use the "Deutsch-English" from the Kobo, but I could buy one "Deutsch-Français" if possible ( but alas, not possible )

I find many free epub german popular books ( Science fiction, crime, western from 1890-1920 ) here :
http://de.wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource:E-books

But many other are available on Gutenberg :
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/CategoryE_Bücherregal
For Vice-Versa ( and me, of course ) it's better to begin with children books like "Max und Moritz" ( Wilhelm Busch ) :
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/DE_Kin...h_(Bücherregal)
Thanks to share your sources with me but regarding children books, that's not an option for me at least. I was able still to read a German magazine about a DNA abnormality, though I missed a lot of words (still being able to understand the article as a whole) last year when I went in Köln. If I am to read in German, it must be something I really want to read whatever language it is written.

Still if it's possible to have at least a German-English dictionnary, that'll do the trick but I would have prefered a German-French dictionnary (as it's sold by FNAC to "replace" the old "FNAC book" ). As far as I know some people in Canada speak French and so could have use to a German-French / French-German dictionnary
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote