Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #526
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Just don't take the scaled population gift: I got one for 70K population and it would have taken eleven cycles of surging nothing but energy to catch up - and then I would have been really slammed at my next level.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #527
Ginwen
Addict
Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch/IPad
I'm at 19. Until this round I had deficits all the way down--I was working on getting rid of bliss but it went overboard, but then I got some crows and they put everything pretty well in line. My stats:

Baen Bucks:52,097,927

Baen Bliss:319,303

Population:300,100

Food:370,870

Energy:5,931,573

Military:94,218

Surge Pts Left this Cycle: 0/95

Total Bucks per Cycle:7,267,103
from Assets:1,565,203
from Pop.:5,701,900

Political Adj to Asset Bucks:+62%

Baen Bliss - Base Need:10,203
Low-Bliss Cost:0

Energy - Base Need:229,673
Low-Energy Bliss Cost:0%

Food - Base Need:70,770
Low Food Bliss Pct Penalty:0%
Famine Population Loss:0
Ginwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2012, 03:53 AM   #528
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
Anyone else seen the layout of the freehold page has changed and the ebooks details and the redeem link is hidden under the freehold details?
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:57 AM   #529
Iphinome
Paladin of Eris
Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedfreak View Post
Anyone else seen the layout of the freehold page has changed and the ebooks details and the redeem link is hidden under the freehold details?
Mine's not hidden it just moved form the left to the right side of the screen.
Iphinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:58 AM   #530
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Weedfreak yes it's part of the last update.
Just like the scalable gifts and the ability to preserve surge points for 1 round.
Sleeping is allowed again
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #531
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphinome View Post
Mine's not hidden it just moved form the left to the right side of the screen.
Mmm mine stayed on the left and is now hidden, even if I log out and in..

Ah well of to Baens Bar I suppose.

Solved it, it is a caching issue if anyone else has it, you just need to refresh the page a couple of time or delete your cache.

Last edited by weedfreak; 05-19-2012 at 07:09 AM. Reason: solution found in the bar!
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #532
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedfreak View Post
Mmm mine stayed on the left and is now hidden, even if I log out and in..

Ah well of to Baens Bar I suppose.

Solved it, it is a caching issue if anyone else has it, you just need to refresh the page a couple of time or delete your cache.
Thanks for that. I had the same problem, and a refresh has sorted it.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #533
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Just don't take the scaled population gift: I got one for 70K population and it would have taken eleven cycles of surging nothing but energy to catch up - and then I would have been really slammed at my next level.
Actually, I'm at level 19 on a second freehold. It got a pop gift (40K), two food and three bliss. so, I too one each of the first and one bliss, as I'm nearly to level 20. I'll bleed the bliss out as I rebuild energy to compensate for the people.

I can see the people gifts being ok for those who get hit by crows a couple of times in a row (it has happened).

My main freehold is at level 21 - it finally received ONE scaled gift today (I was starting to think it would never get any). Of course, it's Bliss, which I need none of (esp not 80K), as i just upleveled.

Baen Bucks:26,662,786

Baen Bliss:1,010,278

Population:520,091

Food:511,315

Energy:11,005,914

Military:9,799
Surge Pts Left this Cycle: 0/105
Total Bucks per Cycle:12,570,237
from Assets:1,648,326
from Pop.:10,921,911
Political Adj to Asset Bucks:+62%
Baen Bliss - Base Need:480,187
Low-Bliss Cost:0
Energy - Base Need:84,003
Low-Energy Bliss Cost:0%
Food - Base Need:-8,776
Low Food Bliss Pct Penalty:-3%
Famine Population Loss:0
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #534
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
By 5pm I should be at positive energy again. Yay? Then I can start looking at how to add population. I've got one or two normal gifts, and right now, a single reactor surge covers 1200 population. (Which, grr, there are no assets that create. But I suspect that in a level or two, a single reactor surge will cover the 1500 pop that is the Arm and Leg Factory default. That'll be nice... surge A&L factory x3, surge 3 reactors; a few points left over for food or military to catch up.)

I got a scaled gift. +40k All. Eep.

That'll require 720,000 energy to cover the new pop (well, 680k, once I allow for the 40k energy in the package); I'm thinking of spending a few cycles (okay, more than a few) building energy surplus to about 350k and then taking the gift, and spending a few more cycles on just energy to catch up.

Or maybe I should push to go up a level first--the energy cost would be higher, but the reactors would surge for more and catch up quicker.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #535
colleenFL
Groupie
colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW3, PW1, Kobo N647, Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-300, various tablets
The scaled gifts are a mixed bag. So far I have received two that I really liked: 100,000 energy and 100,000 food. I'm also redeeming the Baen Bucks gifts (50,000; 60,000 and 100,000). The population and Bliss gifts will be sitting there for a long time though. Hopefully there will be a way to trash them soon since they can't be transferred. I haven't received a military scaled gift yet. That would definitely get used.
colleenFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #536
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
If you want to reduce your Bliss, then my last experiment was a rousing success. By upping my population radically (surged about 30k) the next cycle took me from Bliss base need excess of over 300k to a negative base need of about 180k. In one cycle! Of course I have a lot of Energy and Food to make up now...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #537
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I got a military scaled gift--70k. It was delightful. Felt very weird using that to cover the 2034 military I was short to cover a whack.

Scaled bliss gifts wouldn't be as useful, even with population surges and going into energy debt; the energy deficit costs a percentage of bliss so you'd be better off having bliss in 10-20k pieces usable each cycle than one big gift.

I did that for a while; got deep into energy debt and asked for bliss gifts; every waking cycle I redeemed the minimum to prevent costs. Then I surged Ansibles before I went to sleep so I wouldn't be losing bucks (at least, not from bliss deficits) overnight. The new 10-per-cycle limits will prevent that strategy, and also makes smaller value gifts fairly useless.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #538
kaleissin
Connoisseur
kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaleissin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard Wi-Fi, Kobo Glo
I just got two population gifts to the tune of 20K and 30K. Last turn I got 20K of bliss. Haven't cashed a one. How many slots did the Hoard have again? It's gonna fill up with these monsters.

Last edited by kaleissin; 05-19-2012 at 04:05 PM. Reason: typos
kaleissin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #539
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleissin View Post
I just got two population gifts to the tune of 20K and 30K. Last turn I got 20K of bliss. Haven't cashed a one. How many slots did the Hoard have again? It's gonna fill up with these monsters.
The Hoard has 100 slots, IIRC.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:21 AM   #540
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I got a scaled gift. +40k All. Eep.

That'll require 720,000 energy to cover the new pop (well, 680k, once I allow for the 40k energy in the package); I'm thinking of spending a few cycles (okay, more than a few) building energy surplus to about 350k and then taking the gift, and spending a few more cycles on just energy to catch up.
The +40K all doesn't bump population. I got and used a couple. I did use a 50K population gift, so I'm currently down 1,000k energy (-10% bliss), but I'm hoping to get some +energy gifts to help knock it back. I think I'll be getting about 10 megabucks/cycle by the time I level up to 20.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote