Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
macdafydd
macdafydd began at the beginning.

Device: iPod; iPad
Getting cover art to show in iBooks

I can create ePub format eBooks that validate correctly and look fine in iBooks and other readers. The problem is that I can't get the cover art to display: iBooks, for example, just displays a generic cover with title and author, even though I have a cover illustration that is referenced in the content.opf file.

What actions need to be taken in order that the cover is actually associated with the ePub?
macdafydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I'm not sure if you mean to have the cover show on the iPad Home display or when you open the book. However, I suggest you read through Liz Castro's blog and or her book (which she sells there). She has done a lot of work figuring out the quirks of iBooks (aka ipub format... it sure ain't epub).
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 02:37 PM   #3
macdafydd

If the cover art would show on the bookshelf, I'd already be very happy.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Do you have a separate cover.xhtml file?
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:38 PM   #5
macdafydd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjust View Post
Do you have a separate cover.xhtml file?
Oh, that's a new one to me. No, I'll have to see what the contents are supposed to be. Any pointers as to where I can find the info?

Okay! I found some useful instructions at http://forums.adobe.com/message/1232782 and have now got a beautiful cover on the iBooks bookshelf.

Thanks for the tip!

Last edited by macdafydd; 11-30-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 05:57 PM   #6
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdafydd View Post
Thanks for the tip!
Happy to point the way where I can...Glad it's worked out for you
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote