Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 10-27-2004, 01:20 AM   #1
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
It sounds silly, I know, but has anyone converted MobileRead for iSiloX?

I thought I might find it via search, but so far no luck. I think that this site is the perfect example for conversion with iSilo. My problem is that I keep getting the wrong settings (similar to the Yahoo! mobile problems). I just cannot find the right combination of settings to make it perfect. Has anyone here made it right?

Please. Please. With sugar on top.
POL9A
Old 10-27-2004, 07:21 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
POL9A, I am aware that we are missing a native mobile version for offline-browsers like iSilo. It is all my fault, because it has been on my agenda for a long time but somehow I've always pushed other things before it. It isn't even that complicated to write a mobile module. I promise I will take care of that asap.

In the meantime, try this link with a link-depth of 1:
https://www.mobileread.com/avantgo/mo...ad_mobile.html
Advert
Old 10-27-2004, 12:36 PM   #3
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky

Take your time, Alex.

I know you're a busy kinda guy, revamping Turcic to MobileRead and all. I'm no taskmaster. Your mental health and well-being is important to me. You should remain as relaxed as a wet noodle (or something.)

As long as it's done in the next half-hour, I'll be pleased.
Get to work. (Smiles.)
POL9A
Old 10-28-2004, 12:52 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

LOL. Ok Ok, I see you can live with my shortcut-solution in the meantime
Old 10-28-2004, 12:58 AM   #5
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky

It works right dandy, Alex.

I tried it earlier this morning and with a link depth of 1 it gives me more MobileRead goodness for reading pleasure with iSilo on my new Z2.

By the way, just what is a "Turcic" anyways? A city? Your last name?
I always wondered.
POL9A
Advert
Old 10-28-2004, 01:02 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

It's a last name Slavic name to be exact; my father is from Croatia. It is spelled like "tourtschidsch". I figured it too hard for most people, therefore the name change to mobileread.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:11 AM   #7
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky

Oooohh..

See, I was pronouncing it "toor-chick", but I guess I was all wrong.

But, people don't have to pronounce it to be able to type it into their browsers, right? I think the move to MobileRead was more moving away from the "iSilo-type offline readers tech support" thing you had going on earlier, and more towards the PDA/gadgety-goodness diaspora.

At first I didn't know about the change, because like most people, I think change is bad. But I'm finding it is really a big ole techy/geeky Paradise where we can bliss out to thoughts of flexible LCD's and such.

Bravo on forging on ahead. Here's to more time in the day for you to do all the stuff we want you to do.
POL9A
Old 10-28-2004, 01:30 AM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride Of Lions
I think the move to MobileRead was more moving away from the "iSilo-type offline readers tech support" thing you had going on earlier, and more towards the PDA/gadgety-goodness diaspora.
Absolutely true. There were two reasons we had to make this decision. First, Darren started his own excellent iSilo support forum, which meant less work for us, but also less people asking questions and joining our discussions. Second, iSilo is a great product, but after all it is "only" an e-book reader. I think we had reached a saturation level; most questions could be answered by using the search feature and looking at older forum postings.

Quote:
At first I didn't know about the change, because like most people, I think change is bad. But I'm finding it is really a big ole techy/geeky Paradise where we can bliss out to thoughts of flexible LCD's and such. Bravo on forging on ahead. Here's to more time in the day for you to do all the stuff we want you to do. POL9A
Thank you. I remember you from the very beginning, and trust me, I noticed your temporary absence as well Glad to have you back with us!!!