Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-15-2008, 09:50 AM   #16
strugglingwriter
strugglingwriter began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Thanks tobiasj. I just caught your comment up there. I suppose I'll try reading it on the PC, but I'll have to really like it to purchase it.
strugglingwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:28 AM   #17
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
bit of a pity that this offer is only for people inside the USA, being older than 13 years... Why is that? Is this book to scary for people younger than 13 years? Is it unreadable outside the USA? Strange...
I did not read so carefully so I just downloaded the book. I assume that if you can download it without getting a question about where you live it is OK. Actually I filled in the country and it worked without problem.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2008, 10:41 AM   #18
JohnnyD
Connoisseur
JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Cybook Gen3 (cracked screen)/Bebook/Nokia E60/Nokia 5800/Kobo Aura HD
Ha! Going to try...

(just out of curiosity of course)
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:48 AM   #19
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by strugglingwriter View Post
which format of this book should I download that will work best with the Sony Reader?
MS Reader, then use libprs500 (or the command-line lit2lrf) to convert it - It's not DRM protected.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:50 AM   #20
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
MS Reader, then use libprs500 (or the command-line lit2lrf) to convert it - It's not DRM protected.
Hint: You need to have MS Reader installed if you want to be able to purchase in LIT format.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2008, 11:04 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Thanks Alex. I've just downloaded my FREE copy. And I'll be using lit2lrf to convert it. SWEET!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:20 AM   #22
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And I'll be using lit2lrf to convert it. SWEET!
NP

Just make sure that the fair use principle always applies for the country you live in!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:23 AM   #23
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Thanks Alexander. I've got the pbook, but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. As of late I'm much more likely to read it when I can have it on my Reader.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #24
bookwormfjl
Book Junkie
bookwormfjl has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505; Cybook Gen 3; Kindle 1; Kindle 2; Kindle DX; Nook
Thumbs up Robin Hobb

Thanks!

I've downloaded already! I am in the middle of the Royal Assasin right now. I still have Assasin's Quest and the Tawny Man series to read.
Read the Liveship Traders Trilogy and loved it.
It looks like she uses the same universe in all of her series!
bookwormfjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:18 PM   #25
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwormfjl View Post
It looks like she uses the same universe in all of her series!
If you want her books written in other backgrounds, you have to read the books under her Megan Linholm pen name, which are mostly modern urban fantasy.

I enjoyed the first two Assassin books, but thought the third one was a bit heavy going. Or maybe it was just a bit heavy -- I had the dead tree version :-)
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:36 AM   #26
tmaynard
tmaynard began at the beginning.

Device: EB-1150, Motorola Atrix 4G, Dell Streak 7
Okay, this only works if you're using Microsoft Internet Explorer (I tried 3 times with Firefox), and you have to create an account with lots of personal details supplied. This book better be worth it!
tmaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:22 AM   #27
CJBarrow
Book worm
CJBarrow began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader/Cybook Gen3/Hanlin V5
typical, bought the this set of books from Fictionwise last week, oh well.

I agree, I have found her books most enjoyable, check out this wiki for more details on the author http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Hobb
CJBarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:04 AM   #28
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaynard View Post
Okay, this only works if you're using Microsoft Internet Explorer (I tried 3 times with Firefox), and you have to create an account with lots of personal details supplied. This book better be worth it!
It worked with firefox (or iceweasel as it is called in Debian) for me but it took a very long time for some pages to load (many minutes).
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:11 PM   #29
gmanacsa
Enthusiast
gmanacsa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, X61T Tablet, iPhone, OLPC XO-1
I went through the download process in Safari and Firefox, but it kept kicking me to the Adobe web site. When I launched Adobe Digital Editions manually, reclicking the download button in the browser appeared to work — the book started loading in DE. Then I received this error:

Irritating!

Worse, when I poked around the Adobe web site looking for an update to Digital Editions, the download link was disabled. Does anyone have a working download link? Or has Adobe disabled downloads for a reason?
gmanacsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:14 PM   #30
jeczmien
Enthusiast
jeczmien began at the beginning.

Device: none/Hanlin V3/Nokia E50
US residents

Quote:
Originally Posted by carandol View Post
Ooh, I was all excited, until I saw the "only for US residents" bit :-(
I'm definitely outside US and just downloaded it without any trouble.

Thank God I've downloaded it BEFORE reading it is US only
jeczmien is offline   Reply With Quote