Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you read in the bathroom? (Poll is not public, so voters' can keep their privacy)
Yes I do and I think it's normal 116 85.29%
Yes I do but I find it weird 3 2.21%
No I don't but I think it's normal 7 5.15%
No I don't and I find it weird 10 7.35%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2009, 01:04 PM   #1
Labib Rahman
Enthusiast
Labib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PSP and an age old Dell Inspiron 1150
Question Do you read in the Bathroom?

Hi. As an avid reader and with exams and a strict mother, I spend large amounts of time in the bathroom to read. Do you read in the bathroom as well (not necessarily for the same reasons, although a strict spouse could replace a strict mother) ? Do you think it's weird to read in the bathroom, unaware that you are done with your business?

Let's see, shall we?

Last edited by Labib Rahman; 06-04-2009 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Some grammatical errors
Labib Rahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Do I read in the bathroom? Of course. Doesn't everyone?
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
What Elsi said.

Of course I'm in the tub while I'm doing it......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:16 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I too read in the bathroom. How else can I find time to read so much.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:23 PM   #5
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I also read in the tub. reading on the pot makes my legs fall asleep. the ex would wander off to the throne with a book and an hour or so later I'd realize he had never returned

my dad always swore that "pot" reading gave him the 'rhoids
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

excuse me, but I don't think this poll is as private as Labib expected........
Old 06-04-2009, 01:30 PM   #7
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Yes both in the bath and on the throne. I even got an Aquapaq case for my reader to I don't have to worry about dropping it (in the bath that is)
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
Labib Rahman
Enthusiast
Labib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enoughLabib Rahman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
What! Why? I left the release poll results option 'unticked'. How can people see them?
Old 06-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #9
Labib Rahman
Enthusiast

Since not a single negative result has come up, I believe I am asking in the wrong place. Mobileread is meant for all of us who read in the bathroom. The people who would answer no are evidently not members of this site.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:41 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
when i was a child i would lock myself in the bathroom for the sole reason of reading undisturbed (i didn't have my own bedroom and "personal space" was largely an unknown concept). if i had a bathtub, i would read in the bath, however i have only a shower. so i voted "no, but i think it's normal". as for other options, i have far more comfortable places to sit in my house, and i really don't want to spend that much time in there. it's the smallest room in the house and the tile floor is *cold*.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #11
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labib Rahman View Post
What! Why? I left the release poll results option 'unticked'. How can people see them?
As Queen of all things Poll-eeee I think DGMa has special powers - like superman's x-ray vision, but her's only works on Polls

Last edited by Peverel; 06-04-2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: my inability to use punctuation
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #12
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Since not a single negative result has come up, I believe I am asking in the wrong place. Mobileread is meant for all of us who read in the bathroom. The people who would answer no are evidently not members of this site.
d00d! you have come to reading addicts! it's like asking a group of alcoholics if there is any WRONG place to drink!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #13
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
And your point would be???
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:12 PM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Oh, Labib, I'm sorry..........

what I meant was there were 6 responses, and 6 positive votes........hence everyone voted the same!

You are doing fine.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:15 PM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

There you see

? Someone has voted "No, and I think thats weird."

Course, REAL readers will read anywhere.........

Tags
location, poll, reading, weirdness