Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-04-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Device: iliad
NewLister 1.0.1: Improved contenLister, more items on a page

Hi All,
  • The improved contentLister makes it possible to display anything between 4 and 20 items on a page
  • The installer menu enables to install, un-install an set the number of items on a page
  • The number of remembered 'recent items' has been increased from 6 to 12
  • It has been tested by volunteers in de developers corner
  • Further details and the file you need to to download are here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35374
Enjoy!

Edit 8/1/2009:NOTE: please post bug reports and technical remarks in the development thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35374

Last edited by hansel; 01-08-2009 at 05:46 AM.
hansel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2

Maybe some moderator can move the original thread over here, so people won't have two threads to read and to discuss in?
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:22 AM   #3
kallimachos
kallimachos began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad 2nd Edition
Worked like a charm.

Good Work.

Thank you.
kallimachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:20 PM   #4
romanas
Enthusiast
romanas began at the beginning.

Device: Irex iLiad ebook edition, DR1000s
I installed nexlister and what i got: Error: firmware 2.12 is needed, your iliad has got 2.12.1

So, and nothing happens.i tryed to launch 12 items per page, reboot and still nothing...
romanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
You've got a Book Edition. We've seen this before. The installer is checking for a specific version of the firmware, unfortunately right now the 2nd Edition and Book Edition iLiads have a slightly different firmware number. 2.12 vs 2.12.1.

This should be something that can be fixed in the installer.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:48 PM   #6
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I think you can do the following to fix the Book Edition problem (although hansel may have a better solution):

After you unpack the file to your memory card, go into the newLister-1.0.3\_files directory that was created and modify the Firmware_Script file. Change 2.12 to 2.12.1 and save the file.

I "think" that will let the installer run on your Book Edition iLiad. I'm not an expert with the installers though, somebody else will hopefully correct me if I've made a mistake or an incorrect assumption.

Note: In general, changing the firmware requirements for an installer is probably not a good idea without the developers OK that it will actually run on that firmware. However, in this case you should be safe because 2.12 and 2.12.1 are essentially the same. I think all they changed for the Book Edition 2.12.1 was to take out the WiFi stuff.

Last edited by Shaggy; 01-07-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:43 AM   #7
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
You've got a Book Edition. We've seen this before. The installer is checking for a specific version of the firmware, unfortunately right now the 2nd Edition and Book Edition iLiads have a slightly different firmware number. 2.12 vs 2.12.1.
This should be something that can be fixed in the installer.
@shaggy: Thanks! Didn't know about this... I'll update the installer soon and let it accept anything with 2.12 in it.
@romanas: can you edit 'Firmware_Script' and try it? Im 99.8% sure this will work, but cannot test it myself

@all: please post further technical things in the other thread. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35374
hansel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
f0ck3r
f0ck3r began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Love it! Thanks!
f0ck3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #9
Fermthe
Connoisseur
Fermthe began at the beginning.

Device: Prs-500/Iliad v2
Improved contenLister

Works really grate. Thanks very much
Fermthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:24 AM   #10
renushan
Enthusiast
renushan began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX M92
Hi Friend,

Your Newlister works beautifully for me. One little request for help. How do I set the number to 10 items? There isn't an option for that and thats what I need.

Thank You
renushan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contentlister, iliad, newlister, software