Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 09:55 PM   #31
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Doesn't bother me since there is the Bluefire Reader app.
How does this app work? Can you read books on the iPad/iPhone you bought from Sony?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #32
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just started his first novel and I find it's dragging a bit, do they get better from Here ?
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #33
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
They sure did for me!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:49 AM   #34
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Me too .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #35
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
I've posted a review of it on Goodreads.
How can I make it visible from here apart from copy-paste it?
Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #36
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
I finished the book last night. It is OK, but I would say it's one of the weakest in the series. Maybe Mr. Child is losing steam...
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #37
hard-boiled pat
The Night Was Moist
hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo,kindle,supernova, playbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
I finished the book last night. It is OK, but I would say it's one of the weakest in the series. Maybe Mr. Child is losing steam...
i think he was running out of steam on that particular story arc... hopefully his next one is better.
hard-boiled pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #38
hrosvit
Moron
hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hrosvit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Galaxy Note 2, Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard-boiled pat View Post
i think he was running out of steam on that particular story arc... hopefully his next one is better.
Lee Child is the interview in this month's Playboy, for those interested. I am a big fan of his books, but knew absolutely nothing about him. Good read.
hrosvit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
How does this app work? Can you read books on the iPad/iPhone you bought from Sony?
Yes you can. Bluefire uses a version of ADE so you can register it to your Adobe account and even use it to read library ePub. There is a thread on Bluefire over in the Apple section.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #40
tm3
Groupie
tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrosvit View Post
Lee Child is the interview in this month's Playboy, for those interested. I am a big fan of his books, but knew absolutely nothing about him. Good read.
There are things to read in Playboy?
tm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #41
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholly View Post
Not possible to accomplish. Just make believe.
I thought that the fact we call it "fiction" would give it away?
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #42
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Well, suspension of disbelief has to work even in fiction. I'm not as much a personal critic, as I like this series, but the author's light research does show through.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #43
hard-boiled pat
The Night Was Moist
hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hard-boiled pat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo,kindle,supernova, playbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholly View Post
Did you all know that "Lee Child" is the pen name for Jim Grant? Jim Grant spent his adult life in theater and make believe. The Reacher character performs feats which cannot be duplicated in real life. In one of the novels, the Reacher character is in a kitchen in a house. In the first second Reacher is out of the kitchen, into the attached garage, in the car and has it started. In the next second Reacher has the car backed out of the garage, out of the driveway and into the street. At the completion of the 3rd second, the Reacher character has driven down the road 100'. Not possible to accomplish. Just make believe.
Jim Grant has never been in the military and does not do his research. An example of this follows. Jim Grant was asked who would the Reacher character vote for in the American presidential election. Jim Grant says Reacher would vote for Obama since Obama, as a kid, had grown up in the tough town of Chicago and Reacher would respect that. Obama grew up in a wealthy enviroment as a privileged child in one foreign country and in Hawaii in a private prep school. Jim Grant does not know what he is talking about.

Possible actors for the Reacher character other than the little guy selected are: Ray Stevenson (actor); Chris Hemsworth; Goran Visnjic - this guy was a paratrooper in the Croatian Army!; Hugh Jackman; Joe Manganiello; Clive Owen. And that is just the tip of the iceberg. Jim Grant says none were available and the short one chosen is the best actor of his generation. Puhhhlease give me a break.
Alternative, truer to real life and better reading is the character David Baldacci has created, John Puller. The 2 novels so far are "Zero Day" and "The Forgotten".
I will not pay to watch a 5'5" short man play the part of a 6'5", 250lb big man.
totally disagree... i tried to get through that one but found it practically unreadable.
hard-boiled pat is offline   Reply With Quote