Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-03-2011, 11:19 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
You could always open a second account for just free books maybe? I bought a couple I wish I didn't. Now I buy back titles and from known authors pretty much only.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:52 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I Found a few more free with Coupon. Sorry authors are not listed on the invoice for some reason but you can search each title. Not all romance a few Scifi, Fantasy and Thrillers.

See Night Run
First Class Male
Texas Roads
Jak Phoenix
Morning Menace
Still Life With Murder
Cameo and the Highwayman
The Patriot Paradox
Lovestruck Succubus
Dark Warrior: To Tame a Wild Hawk
A Bed of Thorns and Roses
What Stays in Vegas
Self Arrest
A Path Less Traveled
Paranormal Doorway of the Triquetra

Last edited by Blossom; 07-05-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #18
Susan Crealock
Online Novels
Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple iTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
Is there anyway to delete books off my "books youve purchased" list? There are 2 books i got from this that i wish i could forget i ever wasted time on it.
Does this solve your problem? In Amazon, go to Your Account->Digital Content->Manage Your Kindle->[sign in at this point] - this brings up a list titled Your Kindle Library. On the right hand side is a drop-down box marked Actions. Clicking on Delete From My Library should get rid of the book.
Susan Crealock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #19
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Crealock View Post
Does this solve your problem? In Amazon, go to Your Account->Digital Content->Manage Your Kindle->[sign in at this point] - this brings up a list titled Your Kindle Library. On the right hand side is a drop-down box marked Actions. Clicking on Delete From My Library should get rid of the book.
It would if i was talking about kindle books. Sadly im talking about smashwords books.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #20
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
I found all of Lori Handeland's backlist titles are on sale for 50% but they didn't show up when I scrolled through the entire list of longs . . . . twice.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I noticed that too. some titles you have to manually look for.

Some more free with coupon I picked up today.

Unglorious War
Claire's Not-So-Gothic Romance
How Sweet It Is
Size Eight in A Size Zero World
A Lasting Love
Prelude to a Wedding (Backlist Title!)
A Stranger in the Family
(Backlist Title!)
Advertising for Love
Kiss Me, I'm Irish

Tall Dark and Texan (Contemporary Western Romance)
This was on my wishlist!
Old 07-06-2011, 02:17 AM   #22
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
For fantasy readers, all of Allan Cole's books look like they're half off (normally $5).

I'd recommend starting with this one:

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/43888

Been meaning to pick up the last Far Kingdoms book for a while. Will pick up that and maybe a few other titles this month for $2.50!
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #23
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Please keep in mind that this thread and Forum is NOT for self-Promotion. MobileRead has a thread specifically for self-promotion, where authors can - under our Posting Guidelines - create threads for individual titles. In addition to that, we also have the two Shameless threads.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #24
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
A growing list of Backlist eBooks authors are posting information about their sale books on Doranna Durgin's blog thread (read the post and then the comments to pick up book links). I expect that list to get longer over the next few days. The authors include romance, mystery, fantasy, SF, and probably other genres by the time everyone has posted.

While you're at it, take note of Doranna Durgin's collection of dog stories, "The Heart of Dog," which is also on sale. She's trying to raise money for medical treatment for a sick beagle friend.

Last edited by starrigger; 07-06-2011 at 11:27 AM.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #25
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Found these added today.

Free with coupon

Rebecca Forster:
Hostile Witness (back title!)
Seasons (back title!)
Dreams (back title!)
Wilde's Gamble
The Reckless Ones (back title!)

Back title means it was previously published by a mainstream publisher.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #26
redbees
Enthusiast
redbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Paperwhite 2, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I Found a few more free with Coupon. Sorry authors are not listed on the invoice for some reason but you can search each title. Not all romance a few Scifi, Fantasy and Thrillers.
Thanks for posting these. I'd like to try some of these free backlist books. If I am interpreting some of the posts in this thread correctly, it is necessary to search individually for each one of these books you have listed (that I want), put it in the cart, and then apply the coupon one at a time. There is no way to access (on the site) a listing of free-with-coupon books, or to tell ahead of time which of the various coupons (100% off, 25% off etc) applies to a specific book. Right?

In the past, I have tried tried searching for books on Smashwords and become confused by the site's organization or lack of it, and thus I am unfamiliar with how this whole thing works.

Thanks again for taking the time to post these sale and free books available at Smashwords. Also, thanks to all the others who contribute to the enormously helpful Deals and Freebies thread! Much appreciation to you all!

ETA: Never mind. Please disregard everything but the thanks. I seem to have figured out what to do. If it weren't rude to delete my post I'd do so.

Last edited by redbees; 07-06-2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: editing to add info
redbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #27
redbees
Enthusiast
redbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfoldedredbees reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Paperwhite 2, Nexus 7
Blossom,

After finding/remembering my sign-in information, I added Camille by Tess Oliver to my cart. When checking out, I tried what I thought was the coupon code, SSWSF which I found at the top of the 'Sale' page linked to above. I thought, perhaps mistakenly, that I had the correct since at the top of the 'Sale' page where listed, there is one section that says 'SSWSF 100% off'. Am I using the wrong code? If not, I will assume that sale on this book has ended.

I have bought books there before, but when doing so I followed links to specific books, and had a coupon code for the specific ebooks I purchased. Aside from my incompetence at using the summer 'free' coupon, just like sufue above, I find the site difficult to navigate unless I am searching for a specific author or title, and I now recall that this is what has led me to buy books elsewhere.

Last edited by redbees; 07-06-2011 at 06:28 PM. Reason: attempt to clarify meaning
redbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #28
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Wow! I've only ever used Smashwords when sent directly there for a specific author/book by a review, or an author's blog, or a forum post, or something like that. So I've never really tried to use their website much.

I just did try to use it, and at least for this sale, it's even worse than Kobo's!
I'm annoyed that the Prude Filter doesn't seem to work at all for me. I'm so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so SO tired of the glut of erotica that has flooding the eBook markets lately. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but stop clogging up the listings, PLEASE.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #29
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbees View Post
Blossom,
Am I using the wrong code? If not, I will assume that sale on this book has ended.
No it looks like you are right. It's been removed. I don't think that should be allowed to use coupon that says good til the end of the month then remove it at will unless it was a mistake in the first place. I would email Smashword support and complain. I did that once and got the book for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
I'm annoyed that the Prude Filter doesn't seem to work at all for me. I'm so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so SO tired of the glut of erotica that has flooding the eBook markets lately. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but stop clogging up the listings, PLEASE.
The problem with the prude filter is it removes normal listings too. I seem it remove alot of romances that weren't Erotica and even non romance Thrillers. Unfortunately in the land of Indie publisher you have to wade through through alot of junk to find the good stuff.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #30
black cat
black cat began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook
@ Blossom, thanks for recommending several authors. I've downloaded their books.
I'd like to recommend T C Southwell. Several of her books is free and a great read
black cat is offline   Reply With Quote