Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-08-2013, 01:24 AM   #1
AndyMancini
AndyMancini might easily be mistaken for a TexanAndyMancini might easily be mistaken for a TexanAndyMancini might easily be mistaken for a TexanAndyMancini might easily be mistaken for a TexanAndyMancini might easily be mistaken for a TexanAndyMancini might easily be mistaken for a TexanAndyMancini might easily be mistaken for a TexanAndyMancini might easily be mistaken for a TexanAndyMancini might easily be mistaken for a TexanAndyMancini might easily be mistaken for a TexanAndyMancini might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: kobo glo
Cheapest Kobo GLO in Australia (tip)

So I had a preorder at harris tech for a few glos which I had to cancel to buy Christmas presents which would actually be there on Christmas day.

Now that harris tech has them in stock at $138 there is a way to get them cheaper.

Simply go to Officeworks and tell them to check ht.com.au for your 5% discount, saving you about $20 on officeworks' price!

Seeing as ht is a subsidiary of officworks (or woolworths/whatever) this seems like a pretty stupid loophole.

Enjoy!

btw, it worked for me today. Bought my Kobo Glo for $131.10
AndyMancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:30 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I did that on the first day the Glos were available at OfficeWorks. Luckily they didn't notice that HT didn't have any stock.

I have seen a report that JB HiFi will match the price as well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2013, 03:31 AM   #3
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Gee, finally HT have got their Glo stock, been a long time coming!!

I got mine for $130 from JB Hifi - because I got them to price compare, and then just for the heck of it basically the chap reduced it again. Bravo for moi because it's pretty rare that sort of thing happens.

Skin Digital have got some good covers if you're interested - leather and free postage.

And it looks like the 10% sale is still on as well.

Code: HOLIDAY10
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:52 AM   #4
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Handy if you have an Officeworks in your town. I'm tossing between whether I should see if Harvey Norman will price match it. They did price match an iPad for me a year ago from an online retailer. I'd even be happy with buying at the HT price of $138 vs HN $160.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:27 AM   #5
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Solicitous HT has the Glo in stock and doesn't charge post (from memory), if you're interested.
Advert
Old 01-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #6
AndyMancini
AndyMancini might easily be mistaken for a TexanAndyMancini might easily be mistaken for a TexanAndyMancini might easily be mistaken for a TexanAndyMancini might easily be mistaken for a TexanAndyMancini might easily be mistaken for a TexanAndyMancini might easily be mistaken for a TexanAndyMancini might easily be mistaken for a TexanAndyMancini might easily be mistaken for a TexanAndyMancini might easily be mistaken for a TexanAndyMancini might easily be mistaken for a TexanAndyMancini might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Gee, finally HT have got their Glo stock, been a long time coming!!

I got mine for $130 from JB Hifi - because I got them to price compare, and then just for the heck of it basically the chap reduced it again. Bravo for moi because it's pretty rare that sort of thing happens.

Skin Digital have got some good covers if you're interested - leather and free postage.

And it looks like the 10% sale is still on as well.

Code: HOLIDAY10
Thanks a bunch for that! the flip one is brilliant - why are we so caught up in the traditional book cover when it's just not as practical as a notebook?

just too bad it won't make it to me before i take a plane+bus+motorbike back to melbs.
AndyMancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #7
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Solicitous HT has the Glo in stock and doesn't charge post (from memory), if you're interested.
I correct myself, Harris Tech does charge postage - $10 ish depending on where one lives (I guess).
Old 01-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #8
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMancini View Post
Thanks a bunch for that! the flip one is brilliant - why are we so caught up in the traditional book cover when it's just not as practical as a notebook?

just too bad it won't make it to me before i take a plane+bus+motorbike back to melbs.
Andy I don't know if you realise that Kobo uses a voucher code system for 'specials'.

At the moment if you use vouchercodes40 you will get 40% off the advertised price.

But - this only works on books with certain publishers.

Here's a link to the thread established for the purpose of posting/discussing Kobo's vouchercodes and specials:

KoboBooks.com Discount Codes

How you use it:

Find the book you want
Buy Now
Have a Gift Card or Promo Code? Use it here
Promo Code box - enter the code

If the Promo box doesn't show then it means that the book isn't eligible for discounting.

Hope this helps.