Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 08:16 AM   #1
Gardner
Gardner began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Colour
Question using two e-readers with Calibre

I am a total new comer to e-books ,my daughter reccomended I add Calibre as I would find it extremely usefull, I have downloaded it with no difficulties however in doing so I was asked what brand of e-reader and I checked off Kobo which will be my wife's reader as soon as my Daughters new one arrives, In the meantime I have a Nook Color in shipment and expect delivery tomorrow and my question is am I required to do anything different when I try and use Calibre with the Nook.? since I already indicated it was to be a Kobo .

Tks,

Gardner:
Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, it will just work. The only thing you might need to change is if you read comics on both devices, they will need different settings for conversion, since they have different screen sizes/colors etc.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
Taita
Taita began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Does this mean I can connect two Sony PRS-T1 readers to one installation of Calibre and keep both devices synchronized?
Taita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:40 AM   #4
Red Salmon
Red Salmon began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T2
Does this mean I can connect two Sony PRS-T2 readers to one installation of Calibre and keep both devices synchronized with their separate book collection?
Red Salmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:53 AM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Yes. syncing with separate book collections is handled by a file added to the reader (metadata.calibre) which helps calibre remember what's already on the device. You aren't forced to add a book to one reader just because it's on the other.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert