Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-15-2014, 05:15 AM   #1
xom
xom began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Problem converting InDesign epub to mobi

Hi,

Since updating to InDesign CC 2014, I am having problems using Calibre to convert the epubs I create in InDesign to mobi. The conversion seems to never complete.

I left Calibre running over most of the weekend, the process got stuck at 47% for some time, and then was stuck at 67% for over 36 hours!

The epub I am trying to convert was created using the same InDesign template I used to use in an older version of Indesign, is a similar length to previous epubs and is a similar structure, but Calibre used to convert the epubs to mobi in minutes.

Has anyone else had this problem since upgrading to InDesign CC 2014, and is there anything in the epub output settings that might fix it?

I usually have to tweak my InDesign files a few times to get the mobi version looking good, and I can't really do that if it takes days to create the mobi each time!

Thanks.
xom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:27 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@xom - Maybe you'll get some clues from here ==>> Calibre Progress Sticks At 47 per cent

You could also try kindlegen

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:32 AM   #3
xom
xom began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll see if there are any epub output settings in this newer version of ID that might be creating fixed layout HTML.
xom is offline   Reply With Quote