Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #31
StevenP
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_b View Post
OK these hints are pretty obvious. Entourage is (or will be) bought by a Myanmar company.
I hope so (and I hope they continue to support the current Edge along with making new models.)

Old 04-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #32
Filark
Edge User

Let us eat cake!

Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #33
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
I went to
http://www.entourageedge.com/

and I get
The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later.

And I tried refreshing many times
I get the exact same thing.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #34
Dr. T
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
Nom nom nom.
Or, someone is just messing with us ...

Old 04-27-2011, 04:05 PM   #35
borisb
Edge User

Site's working fine for me

Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 04:05 PM   #36
alex_edge
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenP View Post
I hope so (and I hope they continue to support the current Edge along with making new models.)
I feel like I'm missing something--what's the connection between "nom nom nom" and Myanmar?

Old 04-27-2011, 04:05 PM   #37
alex_edge
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Site's working fine for me
It's working fine for me too.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #38
borisb
Edge User

Möbius strip

The Möbius strip or Möbius band (alternatively written Mobius or Moebius in English) is a surface with only one side and only one boundary component. The Möbius strip has the mathematical property of being non-orientable. It can be realized as a ruled surface. It was discovered independently by the German mathematicians August Ferdinand Möbius and Johann Benedict Listing in 1858.

A model can easily be created by taking a paper strip and giving it a half-twist, and then joining the ends of the strip together to form a loop. In Euclidean space there are in fact two types of Möbius strips depending on the direction of the half-twist: clockwise and counterclockwise. The Möbius strip is therefore chiral, which is to say that it has "handedness" (right-handed or left-handed).

- Wikipedia.org

(Seeing as this is a silly and nonsensical thread altogether)

Last edited by borisb; 04-27-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #39
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_edge View Post
It's working fine for me too.
Just tried it again and again I get The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. This is from my PC. Just got the same message on my PE. Maybe their uploading the final Froyo release. One can only hope.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:25 PM   #40
Michealj
Edge User

All 7 tabs work for me. There were no delays loading or error messages.

Micheal

Old 04-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #41
t_b
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Just tried it again and again I get The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
Same here - the Netherlands.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #42
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michealj View Post
All 7 tabs work for me. There were no delays loading or error messages.

Micheal
I just tried it again and again I got The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Tried it on three different browsers (IE9, Chrome, Firefox) and from my laptop which is an Entourage virgin (meaning I never tried to access the Entourage site from it until a few minutes ago).

However, I FEEL this may actually be a good sign.

Last edited by obsessed2; 04-27-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #43
Filark
Edge User

I am getting the "temporarily unavailable message" and have every time I've tried today. Odd that some get it, some don't. Network connections? enTourage taking down some of their site to add new content/make an announcement??

Hoping for the best, won't fall off my chair if it turns out to be the worst.

Dontpanic, explain yourself! ;p

(Probably trying to cause a panic after all! )

Old 04-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #44
sarah11918
Edge User

I'm getting the error message on the main page only, but not on my bookmarked page directly into the forum.

For some of you new-timers, I'll also point out that last time the entire site (forum included) really went DOWN, it was up an hour or two later, but not on all of Entourage's servers. So, to me, it looked like the site had been out for 2 - 3 days (talk about worry!) when I finally asked on Mobile Reads what was up, only to be told it was fine for everyone else. I was just somewhere in the world that was looking to that still-offline server for my connection. When boris relayed the message to Entourage, it was fixed pretty much instantly.

So, if we're still here posting in the forums, then the world can't *really* be ending... just yet.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:57 PM   #45
borisb
Edge User

Bear in mind there are heavy storms going through the US south east. Depending on which route your requests to the enTourage website are going, they may be hitting a network break.