Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-11-2020, 11:46 AM   #1
giotti
Connoisseur
giotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it is

Device: Wexler flex.one, Boyue T65s, Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
Pocketbook touch lux 3: how to customize the gui

Hello,
I recently installed koreader, but I didn't want to set it as default before a test it a little more.

Now I run it in the applications menu, i.e. the pop up one on the bottom.

I wonder if it is possible to:
-put it below, instead of the bookstore one
-be able to choose the reader when I open a book from the library

Thanks a lot.
giotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 12:09 PM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
First question, probably not possible.
Second question: answer lies in the:
extension.cfg
which has to be edited to do exactly that.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2020, 04:12 PM   #3
giotti
Connoisseur
giotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it isgiotti knows what time it is

Thanks.
Where is located that file?
What should I write therein?
Is it explained somewhere?

Thank you very much and sorry for the many questions.
Old 12-11-2020, 04:34 PM   #4
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi, I thought newer versions of Koreader are supposed change extensions.cfg itself.
The file can be found under:
/system/config/extensions.cfg
or if you have created profiles under the apropriate folder.
This line ist for epubs is like this (differs from firmware to firmware):
epub:@EPUB_file:1:AdobeViewer.app,fbreader.app:ICO N_EPUB
Standard app is the first one, if koreader shouldn't be the standard app it can look like this:
epub:@EPUB_file:1:AdobeViewer.app,koreader.app,fbr eader.app:ICON_EPUB
Change the pdf line like the epub line according to your needs too.
Old 12-11-2020, 06:05 PM   #5
giotti
Connoisseur

Thank you very much.
Advert
Old 12-12-2020, 12:15 PM   #6
giotti
Connoisseur

@nhedgehog I edited the file within koreader as you suggested, and noticed that koreader does not run, I suppose because I did not copy /system/bin/koreader.app

I will copy it as soon as I can connect via USB.

Meanwhile, I deleted the epub line, since it was originally missing, and now I can't open epub anymore but from within koreader, that is no default working epub app is available anymore... do you have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.
Old 12-12-2020, 01:57 PM   #7
nhedgehog
Guru

Hi, I didn't suggest to edit the file within Koreader but it is possible with the Koreader internal text editor (I prefer to use a device with a real keyboard for such things).

How can you delete a missing epub line?

Did you actually have found an extensions.cfg file under /system/config?
If so it would help if you attached it AND please mention your firmware version too.
Old 12-12-2020, 02:29 PM   #8
giotti
Connoisseur

Thanks a lot for your help.
Of course you didn't. And I would prefer ssh+vim as well, but I have no PC+USB nearby...

Anyway, an extensions.cfg file was already there and, after the test, I tried to make it appear as it was, i.e. without the epub line.

Please, find attached it, the top of the .bak one and the firmware version.

By the way, I still can open pdf with the default app, which looks different from AdobeViewer... I wonder what should be the epub one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201212_201813.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	183945   Click image for larger version

Name:	20201212_201951.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	183946   Click image for larger version

Name:	20201212_202826.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	183947  

Last edited by giotti; 12-12-2020 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-12-2020, 03:28 PM   #9
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Hi, I thought newer versions of Koreader are supposed change extensions.cfg itself.
I think one of the last monthlies did that (replacing it with a default extensions.cfg), but I'm happier with it not happening anymore.
Choosing which program opens a file with a long press menu with FW 5.20 can be done only in library view. I understand that with FW 6.x this is available also on the main screen.
If it helps, this is my extensions.cfg on PB631. YMMV
Code:
asp:@HTML_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
cbz:@ZIP_file:1:koreader.app:ICON_ZIP
cgi:@HTML_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
chm:@Z_HTML_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app,koreader.app:ICON_CHM
djvu:@DJVU_file:1:koreader.app:ICON_DJVU
epub:@EPUB_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app,koreader.app,epubinfo.app:ICON_EPUB
fb2:@FB2_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app,koreader.app:ICON_FB2
htm:@HTML_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app,koreader.app:ICON_HTM
html:@HTML_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app,koreader.app:ICON_HTML
jsp:@HTML_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
mht:@HTML_file:1:cr3-pb.app,koreader.app:ICON_HTM
mobi:@MOBI_file:1:eink-reader.app,koreader.app:ICON_MOBI
pdf:@PDF_file:1:eink-reader.app,koreader.app:ICON_PDF
php:@HTML_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
pl:@HTML_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app:ICON_HTM
rtf:@RTF_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app,koreader.app:ICON_RTF
doc:@DOC_file:1:eink-reader.app,koreader.app:ICON_DOC
docx:@DOCX_file:1:eink-reader.app,koreader.app:ICON_DOCX
odt:@ODT_file:1:koreader.app:ICON_DOC
txt:@Text_file:1:eink-reader.app,cr3-pb.app,koreader.app:ICON_TXT
zip:@ZIP_file:1:koreader.app:ICON_ZIP
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 04:15 PM   #10
giotti
Connoisseur

Hi @EastEriq, thanks for your help.
Adding your epub line I solved the problem of the reactivation of the default reader.

I'm not sure if my firmware is 5 or 6 (where do I find it? ), but I can tell that sadly the long press choice only works in the library for me, not in the main menu.
Old 12-12-2020, 05:01 PM   #11
nhedgehog
Guru

Thats the reason I asked for the firmware version.
Since V5+ the internal reader names are:
pdf:@PDF_file:1:eink-reader_with_pdfium.app,eink-reader_with_rmsdk.app:ICON_PDF
epub:@EPUB_file:1:eink-reader.app:ICON_EPUB
V4 it was as before quoted:
epub:@EPUB_file:1:AdobeViewer.app,fbreader.app:ICO N_EPUB

Keep in mind, that Koreader can view other formats too, like pdf ... and that "cr3-pb.app" is form EastEric's extensions.cfg is Brucelees Coolreader, which you didn't install afaik.

Selecting the reader app for the ebook is only available in the library view, that is true!
Old 12-12-2020, 05:19 PM   #12
nhedgehog
Guru

Just to clear things up a little bit:
On pocketbooks the internal memory is divided into different parts, most is not available to the user (without root) but there is a section of the device that is available to users. Internally it is mounted as /ext1/ and it is fat32 formated.
Some files such us keyboard files and setting files as the aformentioned extensions.cfg are located in the not accessable part of the file system BUT if a file with the same name is put in a corresponding folder on the accessable partition, this is used instead of the hidden files. So if you delete your extension.cfg, the hidden extension.cfg will be activated and everything is working as before. That gives us the option the reset the device by formatting the accessable partion and afterwards force install an update (Buttons Power&Left&Right pressed simultanously during boot).

Last edited by nhedgehog; 12-12-2020 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-12-2020, 05:32 PM   #13
nhedgehog
Guru

"Original" hidden extensions.cfg may look like this:
Code:
hrss:@HTML_file:1:browser.app:ICON_HTM
mhtml:@MHTML_file:1:browser.app:ICON_MHTML
jpg:@JPEG_image:2:picviewer.app:ICON_JPG
jpeg:@JPEG_image:2:picviewer.app:ICON_JPG
png:@PNG_image:2:picviewer.app:ICON_PNG
bmp:@BMP_image:2:picviewer.app:ICON_BMP
tif:@TIFF_image:2:picviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
tiff:@TIFF_image:2:picviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
file:@MENCA_file:1:menca_downloader.app:ICON_MENCA
txt:@Text_file:1:eink-reader.app:ICON_TXT
fb2:@FB2_file:1:eink-reader.app:ICON_FB2
htm:@HTML_file:1:eink-reader.app:ICON_HTM
html:@HTML_file:1:eink-reader.app,browser.app:ICON_HTML
chm:@Z_HTML_file:1:eink-reader.app:ICON_CHM
rtf:@RTF_file:1:eink-reader.app:ICON_RTF
doc:@DOC_file:1:eink-reader.app:ICON_DOC
docx:@DOC_file:1:eink-reader.app:ICON_DOCX
docm:@DOC_file:1:eink-reader.app:ICON_DOC
prc:@PRC_file:1:eink-reader.app:ICON_PRC
pdb:@PRC_file:1:eink-reader.app:ICON_PRC
mobi:@PRC_file:1:eink-reader.app:ICON_PRC
tcr:@TCR_file:1:eink-reader.app:ICON_TCR
pdf:@PDF_file:1:eink-reader_with_pdfium.app,eink-reader_with_rmsdk.app:ICON_PDF
epub:@EPUB_file:1:eink-reader.app:ICON_EPUB
acsm:@ACSM_file:1:eink-reader.app:ICON_ACSM
djvu:@DJVU_file:1:eink-reader.app:ICON_DJVU
djv:@DJVU_file:1:eink-reader.app:ICON_DJVU
cbr:@CBR_file:1:eink-reader.app:ICON_CBR
cbz:@CBZ_file:1:eink-reader.app:ICON_CBZ
app:@APP_file:4:start.app:ICON_APP
run:@APP_file:4:start.app:ICON_APP
lndrm:@LNDRM_file:1:libronet_switcher.app:ICON_LNDRM
pbi:@APP_file:1:sysinstall.app:ICON_APP
pn:@PN_file:1:pb_file_handler:ICON_PN
Old 12-12-2020, 05:49 PM   #14
giotti
Connoisseur

Thanks a lot to both of you. Your explanations are very interesting.

Changing the topic a bit, is there a default way to telet or rsh or something similar and edit files without installing additional softwares?
If yes, is it over USB or wifi?
Old 12-12-2020, 06:51 PM   #15
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastEriq View Post
I think one of the last monthlies did that (replacing it with a default extensions.cfg), but I'm happier with it not happening anymore.
Exactly this. It was bugged as entries were hardcoded for a specific FW. The new way is better.

On settings -> device -> file association you can associate specific formats with KO. This edits the file (or copies the string from the ereader internal partition if it doesn't exist) and adds "koreader.app" to the beggining of it, thus making KO the default reader for that file.

It is not possible to associate KO as a 2nd or 3rd option for a given format within in the program. For that you'll need to edit the file manually.

Keep in mind that associating all files with KO will make them appear in your pocketbook library even if there weren't available before (text files, markdown, whatever). So it is better to only associate the files you know you want to *read* on your device.

As giotti said, for new users playing with KO, the best option is avoid association until you're sure the program floats your boat. In the case of new users with recent KO versions, they're fine as the program doesn't associate without user intervention.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote