Notices

Old 10-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
ippopom
Enthusiast
ippopom began at the beginning.

Device: palm tungsten T5
Exclamation save book to disk e cover find not working

hi to all

I use calibre on linux (unbuntu) and since the last 2 upgrades the template script on saving to disk doesn't work anymore.
Before books were saved in the proper title/title/author folder ({title}/{title} - {authors}) but now books are saved in the "root" directory.

Another strange thing is that during "download metadata" from web no covers were found......

Someone knows what happened ?

By Ippopom
ippopom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ippopom View Post
hi to all

I use calibre on linux (unbuntu) and since the last 2 upgrades the template script on saving to disk doesn't work anymore.
Before books were saved in the proper title/title/author folder ({title}/{title} - {authors}) but now books are saved in the "root" directory.

Another strange thing is that during "download metadata" from web no covers were found......

Someone knows what happened ?

By Ippopom
9.4 on Oneric (32bit)

Covers download fine. Check the configuration of the metadata download preference

a quick test of STD to the desktop, my standard naming templates worked. check you don't have a leading slash or the selected folder is available for write (or is properly Mounted )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
ippopom
Enthusiast

checked but it sounds strange that nothing I changed in my system.... only the version of calibre...
I'll check again.

TnX for answer
Old 10-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
checked but it sounds strange that nothing I changed in my system.... only the version of calibre...
I'll check again.

TnX for answer
I would Run a full filesystem check on the affected storage. Ssomething got broken

BTW 'Nothing got changed' is a very broad statement

Ubuntu system updates happen almost as frequent as Calibre ones.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
ippopom
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I would Run a full filesystem check on the affected storage. Ssomething got broken

BTW 'Nothing got changed' is a very broad statement

Ubuntu system updates happen almost as frequent as Calibre ones.
yes that's true.....
Old 10-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #6
ippopom
Enthusiast

mmmh no way to find a solution, no cover found no directory created changing path... I hope next version solve this ......
Old 10-28-2012, 06:01 AM   #7
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS T1, Kobo Glo
ippopom:
I use Debian Testing and have no problem. Try renaming your ~/.config/calibre directory to ~/.config/calibre.sve (Thus 'deleting' your calibre settings) and then start calibre again.
This way you can find out, if there is a calibre setting playing foul.
opitzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #8
ippopom
Enthusiast

hi opitzs

trying your i"guide" didn't solve my problem but metadata search from web now is really more quick, so something was not well "configurated"
TnX

but I still don't understand why no covers are found ..... and no sub-directory are created ..

update:
It's seems that the cover issue is related only on italian books, when I search for covers of eg book calibre found some images......

I installed "search the internet" plugin to "solve" cover problem ...

now the missing directory creation ...

Last edited by ippopom; 10-28-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
ippopom
Enthusiast

I found that the string {title}/{title} - {authors} return : /Unknown/Unknown - Unknown as template value, it sound like calibre don't recognize the variables.... or not ?
Old 10-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I found that the string {title}/{title} - {authors} return : /Unknown/Unknown - Unknown as template value, it sound like calibre don't recognize the variables.... or not ?
What OS interface Language are you using?

Hover your mouse over the column titles. That should be the name to use inside the curly braces.

'Unknown' = (text) field value is blank . No Authors, No Title set
Old 10-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #11
ippopom
Enthusiast

an example maybe is better:
I have to say that I saved hundred of books before to encounter this problem

and metadata on one of my ebooks:

Old 11-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #12
ippopom
Enthusiast

ok new version give some help to find the issue...... now a message get out when I try to get in template editor (in save to disk preferences) :

calibre, version 0.9.5
ERROR: Unhandled exception: AttributeError:'list' object has no attribute 'lower'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/preferences/save_template.py", line 47, in do_open_editor
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/dialogs/template_dialog.py", line 228, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/metadata/book/base.py", line 195, in __setattr__
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'lower'

so I strongly suppose I have to "put hand" on some python package .... or not ?
Old 11-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #13
ippopom
Enthusiast

ok now I known the reason (probably) I have python 2.6 and Calibre now use 2.7.
Install it don't work so 'll try to find another way......
Old 11-03-2012, 05:16 AM   #14
ippopom
Enthusiast

ok no way..... tried using pythonbrew to change python version but the problem still remain...