Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 03-09-2010, 01:49 PM   #31
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
For the first question the answer is yes. For the second question, in truth I have not even noticed. I will do some testing and post the results.
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:26 AM   #32
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
One of the coolest features is the ability to copy an image from the eInk side to the LCD side. This allows you to see the image (or graph or chart) in color. The image stays on the LCD screen even after you "turn" the page on the eInk side.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #33
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
One of the coolest features is the ability to copy an image from the eInk side to the LCD side. This allows you to see the image (or graph or chart) in color. The image stays on the LCD screen even after you "turn" the page on the eInk side.
That is a really useful feature. Often the text describing an image extends to the next page.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:46 AM   #34
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetareticuli View Post
For some reason, I see the eDGe's sharper. Could be my eyes, though. My main issue is that I am stuck with whatever I see on the DX. With the eDGe, I can zoom in. I really would love to use the DX but the poor PDF support is a big issue for me. 99% of the documents I read are in PDF.
I agree with you on the DX needing the full Adobe PDF support.

The DX, otherwise, has a really beautiful screen (for my eyesight at least), but I prefer the Landscape mode for many PDFs on it. Since that way they are sometimes larger/wider, with bigger fonts than one might get on an 8.5 x 11 screen, that works for me except with multiple columns that are long vertically in that you have to turn a page to scroll down and then go Prev to get the next column. There I'd love the zoom probably.

Since we're looking at pics of technical paper PDFs with regard to clarity, I have some photos of the DX display of PDFs, including sheet music (the little squiggles can be very key) as well as electronic manuals (+ webbrowsing pictures) at http://bit.ly/kdxphotos ... If they added the zoom and editing capabilities, that DX would be a killer.

I suspect it is something about Adobe and Amazon as competitors in some area or is Amazon just not willing to spend the money Adobe would charge them for it. I don't get it.

Having said that, I am used to using the PDFs as reference and putting a copy into mobi format and marking that one up from with the highlighting and note organization you can get on the device (multiple search results with finds in context and links to the pages plus the password-protected webpage we get for our annotations (if we don't disable annotation backups with the book to their servers).

A sample of the annotations page (all notes can be seen on one long scrolling page for each book if you like) is at http://bit.ly/kwebnotesample
- I chose a short one with no private notes for the sample for a blog entry on annotations.

I explain the annotation features a bit at my blog entry at http://bit.ly/webknotes1 and I just saw Batman's problems at one time.

Batman, if you're reading, software update v2.33 fixed that sluggishness in a big way.

But the interactive features from Entourage Edge's e-paper screen to the LCD are very nifty. Scribbled notes others can read easily when comparing thoughts on a PDF are very nice in that they appear with the PDF to anyone reading it.

I like the regular Kindle features available with that.
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:23 PM   #35
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrys View Post
I agree with you on the DX needing the full Adobe PDF support.

The DX, otherwise, has a really beautiful screen (for my eyesight at least), but I prefer the Landscape mode for many PDFs on it. Since that way they are sometimes larger/wider, with bigger fonts than one might get on an 8.5 x 11 screen, that works for me except with multiple columns that are long vertically in that you have to turn a page to scroll down and then go Prev to get the next column. There I'd love the zoom probably.

Since we're looking at pics of technical paper PDFs with regard to clarity, I have some photos of the DX display of PDFs, including sheet music (the little squiggles can be very key) as well as electronic manuals (+ webbrowsing pictures) at http://bit.ly/kdxphotos ... If they added the zoom and editing capabilities, that DX would be a killer.

I suspect it is something about Adobe and Amazon as competitors in some area or is Amazon just not willing to spend the money Adobe would charge them for it. I don't get it.

Having said that, I am used to using the PDFs as reference and putting a copy into mobi format and marking that one up from with the highlighting and note organization you can get on the device (multiple search results with finds in context and links to the pages plus the password-protected webpage we get for our annotations (if we don't disable annotation backups with the book to their servers).

A sample of the annotations page (all notes can be seen on one long scrolling page for each book if you like) is at http://bit.ly/kwebnotesample
- I chose a short one with no private notes for the sample for a blog entry on annotations.

I explain the annotation features a bit at my blog entry at http://bit.ly/webknotes1 and I just saw Batman's problems at one time.

Batman, if you're reading, software update v2.33 fixed that sluggishness in a big way.

But the interactive features from Entourage Edge's e-paper screen to the LCD are very nifty. Scribbled notes others can read easily when comparing thoughts on a PDF are very nice in that they appear with the PDF to anyone reading it.

I like the regular Kindle features available with that.

Hi Andrys,

Yes, I have noticed a definite uptick in speed in the Kindle 2 processing after that update (although I had never felt it was super slow), as well as a darker contrast in the type, which again, though, had not been a problem for me in terms of reading enjoyability.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert