Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-15-2010, 10:54 PM   #1
Joanne29
Serendipity
Joanne29 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question calibre does not recognize my nook

My Calibre recognizes my kindle but not my Nook. Does anyone know why that nay be? Thanks
Joanne29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:58 PM   #2
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Nook will be visible to Calibre only from the more recent versions of Calibre, which version of Calibre you are running?
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
Joanne29
Serendipity

0.6.17 and that may be old for sure, thanks bthoven
Old 02-16-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
Joanne29
Serendipity

nope that was not the issue since it still will not recognize it. I do not know why?
Old 02-16-2010, 07:51 PM   #5
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
It may help the troubleshooters to know which operating system you're running. I use Ubuntu Linux for example. The version that comes with the OS doesn't recognize the nook. I had to update and everything works fine. Have you tried the Calibre support areas? Kovid's team might be better able to help out.
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2010, 09:11 AM   #6
Joanne29
Serendipity

I am on a pc with windows visat, and I got it to work finally after repairing Calibre, but every time I unhook my Nook Calibre reverts back to the old version. I then have to repair it again. It is weird, but not a big deal since I can add the books manually. I have a feeling it is the Nook causing the issues. Also, every time I connect the Nook the book I am reading will not open, so I have to do a bit a messing with it to get the current book to open, and this only happens when I connect it to my pc and try and use Calibre with it.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:27 PM   #7
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne29 View Post
I am on a pc with windows visat, and I got it to work finally after repairing Calibre, but every time I unhook my Nook Calibre reverts back to the old version. I then have to repair it again. It is weird, but not a big deal since I can add the books manually. I have a feeling it is the Nook causing the issues. Also, every time I connect the Nook the book I am reading will not open, so I have to do a bit a messing with it to get the current book to open, and this only happens when I connect it to my pc and try and use Calibre with it.
What version number is on your nook?
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:04 AM   #8
Joanne29
Serendipity

It all works now, it ended up being issue with Calibre, which has worked itself out. Thank you all for trying to help me.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:53 AM   #9
ElmT
ElmT began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by beartard View Post
It may help the troubleshooters to know which operating system you're running. I use Ubuntu Linux for example. The version that comes with the OS doesn't recognize the nook. I had to update and everything works fine. Have you tried the Calibre support areas? Kovid's team might be better able to help out.
Hi,
would you mind helping me out?
I also use Ubuntu, and Calibre won't recognize my Nook... What exactly did you update?
I installed the latest version of Calibre..
ElmT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmT View Post
Hi,
would you mind helping me out?
I also use Ubuntu, and Calibre won't recognize my Nook... What exactly did you update?
I installed the latest version of Calibre..
What is the latest version of calibre?

Did you install it according to the linux download page using the binary installer?

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-13-2010 at 03:00 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:16 AM   #11
ElmT
ElmT began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
What is the latest version of calibre?

Did you install it according to the linux download page using he binary installer?
Hi,
thanks for your reply!

You're right, binary installation worked (I finally found a hint when googled a couple of days ago, after I posted the question here).
At first I used source installation and it didn't work with my Nook... (I'm a newbie in linux, so ... )
ElmT is offline   Reply With Quote