Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-20-2012, 01:05 AM   #1
megacoupe
Connoisseur
megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Voyage
What is "development menu" on the Kindle DX graphite?

I stumbled onto this accidentally:

I haven't been able to find anything on this in the forums or on Google. Anyone know what this is? Is it at all useful in undemo-ing my dang demo unit DXG?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120920_004324.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	92651   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120920_004000.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	92652  
megacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:10 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
How did you activate that menu?

It seems to be using a very unusual font.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2012, 01:10 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Using "Q" should be safe, although not very helpful.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:12 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Not the first time I've seen mentions/screenshots of this, but, yes, it is pretty elusive. The only thing I vaguely remember about it is that the 'I' option is pretty brutal.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:17 AM   #5
megacoupe
Connoisseur
megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
How did you activate that menu?

It seems to be using a very unusual font.
On my demo unit DXG: Held power down until screen flashed, then repeatedly kept pressing the "enter" button on the keyboard until the screen showed up. If you see the Kindle "loading" page, you missed your window.

The Development Menu doesn't stay on screen very long, so you have to make your selection quick. I tried pressing E and U, but neither seemed to have any effect. Perhaps something would show up on the console if I could get that damn minicom working...

Anyways, hope this helps the developers here in some way.
megacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2012, 01:26 AM   #6
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by megacoupe View Post
On my demo unit DXG: Held power down until screen flashed, then repeatedly kept pressing the "enter" button on the keyboard until the screen showed up. If you see the Kindle "loading" page, you missed your window.

The Development Menu doesn't stay on screen very long, so you have to make your selection quick. I tried pressing E and U, but neither seemed to have any effect. Perhaps something would show up on the console if I could get that damn minicom working...

Anyways, hope this helps the developers here in some way.
I have seen that on my K3, but not with your strange font. Except I thought it was a "recovery" menu or something...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote