Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 10:38 AM   #166
ryran
Connoisseur
ryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with others

Device: Kindle 3G
@dsmid:
Thank you for your work on the dictaphone mod. I love it. I didn't even have any idea there WAS a microphone on the K3 before your post!

@Gismo:
Thank you for your clever tweak! Works great for me. Though the the very first recording I did was corrupted in some way -- recording started (I could tell because I had the headphones on at the time) and stopped according to my hotkeys, but the file was only a few hundred KB and of course wouldn't play. The next recording worked fine.
ryran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #167
Gismo
Gismo began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3 3G
Thank you for all the honourable mentions.
But in fact it was realized by luck.
Simply it was an idea. I tried it, and it worked.

Dsmid did the harder work. I just improved it a little bit and thomass helped me too.

Thank you dsmid!
Thank you thomass!
Gismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:50 AM   #168
dmetzcher
dmetzcher began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 3, iPad, iPhone
I've created an action that will send the current page in the Kindle browser to the Kindle as an ebook using SENDtoREADER.com. For those who are unfamiliar with SENDtoREADER, it's a free service similar to the Readability.com feature that allows you to send Web pages to your Kindle. The difference is that SENDtoREADER saves everything that you send in your personal account so that you can view/edit/resend it again later. It also has a Composer that allows you to send freeform, formatted documents to your Kindle directly from the site (it saves those for you, too).

Here's the action:

Code:
S T R = #'Menu' 'k3_FW_Press' 'FW_Left' "sendtoreader.com/bm/send.php?&u=" 'Enter'
As you can see, it simply adds:
Code:
sendtoreader.com/bm/send.php?&u=
...to the front of the URL and presses the Enter key for you. You must be logged into your SENDtoREADER account in your Kindle browser in order for this to work. This is the first thing I've done with Launchpad (I just installed it this evening), so I'm totally open to suggestions if there is a better way to do this. I chose "S T R" (send to reader) as the key combo because it's easy for me to remember and I know there's little chance that I'll download another action that uses it, but it can be changed, if you want to use something else.

The idea for this came from a question in the Kindle subreddit at Reddit.com (reddit.com/r/kindle).

I'm attaching the INI file for those who want to simply drop it into the "launchpad" folder on their Kindle.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sendtoreader.ini-v1.zip (717 Bytes, 304 views)
dmetzcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 04:49 AM   #169
pdagenius
Enthusiast
pdagenius is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3g + wifi Firmware: 3.2.1
Popup help screen

Does anyone know how to program a popup window implemented via launchpad which could be configured to list launchpad shortcuts as a help screen?
pdagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #170
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmetzcher View Post
I've created an action that will send the current page in the Kindle browser to the Kindle as an ebook using SENDtoREADER.com.

I'm attaching the INI file for those who want to simply drop it into the "launchpad" folder on their Kindle.

Thanks
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:49 AM   #171
ryran
Connoisseur
ryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with others

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdagenius View Post
Does anyone know how to program a popup window implemented via launchpad which could be configured to list launchpad shortcuts as a help screen?
Yes. You could create a shell script that does this in concert with either fbprint or fbout.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:37 PM   #172
pdagenius
Enthusiast
pdagenius is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3g + wifi Firmware: 3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryran View Post
Yes. You could create a shell script that does this in concert with either fbprint or fbout.
Thank you for the ideas and I can see from the links that this is a possibility. I am sure this is a breeze to all the programmers out there but actually don't know linux, shell scripts or where to start.

Do you have a simple example using these commands which I could then develop further?
pdagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #173
lgvenable
JBL Pro/Kindle Enthusiast
lgvenable has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lgvenable has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lgvenable has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lgvenable has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DX at 3.2.1
Hey I'm keeping up with this thread
my question: now that my DXG is at 3.2.1 do I use the DXG version to install launchpad or the 3.x 3G update?

Same questions on the hacks, do I need to install the 3.x hacks rather than the 2.5.8 hacks?
After the update to 3.2.1, the Kindle screensavers were reinstalled, and I want to re-enable my personal screensavers.

After that I can apply each of the added features as folks post, but I'm most interested in restoring the active content after getting all the previous hacks up..

Last edited by lgvenable; 09-23-2011 at 10:29 PM.
lgvenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #174
lgvenable
JBL Pro/Kindle Enthusiast
lgvenable has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lgvenable has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lgvenable has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lgvenable has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DX at 3.2.1
Quote:
@dsmid:
Thank you for your work on the dictaphone mod.
and voila we have a stealth recorder sitting on the table in full view...
lgvenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:37 AM   #175
ryran
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgvenable View Post
and voila we have a stealth recorder sitting on the table in full view...
EXACTLY.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #176
starworld
starworld began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
Can not get usbnetwork work with launchpad, please check my ini file

I tried the first way as list:
D D = #'Del' ';' "debug" 'Shift' "on" 'Enter'
N N = #'Del' '~' "usb" 'Shift' "network" 'Enter'

Then the second way:
Z = !cd /mnt/us/usbnet/bin; /mnt/us/usbnet/bin/usbnetwork &

or N = !/mnt/us/usbnet/bin/usbnetwork &

but none of above works, what shall I do?

Last edited by starworld; 10-01-2011 at 11:41 AM.
starworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #177
ryran
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by starworld View Post
Can not get usbnetwork work with launchpad, please check my ini file ... but neither work, what shall I do?
Here:
Shift N = !/test/bin/usbnetwork

If that doesn't work, you either haven't installed the usbnetwork hack properly, or your computer is not setup to take advantage of it.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:06 AM   #178
starworld
starworld began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
Quote:
Here:
Shift N = !/test/bin/usbnetwork

If that doesn't work, you either haven't installed the usbnetwork hack properly, or your computer is not setup to take advantage of it.
Thanks ryran
Do I need add Shift N = or just N = ?

I can get usbnetwork working by manual inputing the command, so usbnet package should work.

Also I can use launchpad to control MPlayer, but I can not get it working with usbnetwork, please help

Regards
starworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:24 AM   #179
ryran
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by starworld View Post
Thanks ryran
Do I need add Shift N = or just N = ?
"Shift N =" in the config file would translate to you having to type "Shift Shift N" whereas "N =" would require you to simply hit "Shift N". You can make it whatever combination of keys you want.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #180
ventomarme
ventomarme began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Sorry, where do I put the launchpad.tar.gz file? It does not be mentioned in the installation guide (I'm a newbie to kindle's world).
ventomarme is offline   Reply With Quote