Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

View Poll Results: Did your iLiad screen get broken?
Yes, my screen got broken by whatever... 12 15.00%
No, thanks god my screen is still unbroken 41 51.25%
N/A (just want to see the results) 27 33.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #1
R2D2
Mad Scientist
R2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litter

Device: Zaurus, HTCMagician, iLiad
Cracked Screen Poll

Put the iLiad in its case for protection. Put the case into backpack. Took the iliad out later and its screen looked like a mess. Hmmm...so it lookes like it is cracked, athough I don't know how this was possible, being it in it's pretty bulky and sturdy M-Edge case.

Anyways I wondered who else got a cracked screen. So please go ahead and vote.

Last edited by R2D2; 04-03-2008 at 01:03 PM.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You forgot to make the poll.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #3
R2D2
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You forgot to make the poll.
No, you just were too fast responding. ;-)
Old 04-03-2008, 01:04 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
He's like that, sometimes.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:07 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Well, you can make the post and the poll at the same time so the message is not displayed before the poll.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:32 PM   #6
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Hey give old R2D2 a break...he's very old technology. Afterall he was made a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...multi-tasking was not even thought of back then...

::::runnnnnssssaway:::
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:37 PM   #7
R2D2
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
Hey give old R2D2 a break...he's very old technology. Afterall he was made a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...multi-tasking was not even thought of back then...

::::runnnnnssssaway:::
not quite right, my Amiga could multitask pretty well.

But actually I could only make the poll after publishing the thread, as previewing it didn't show up the poll configurator...

Anyways no respect for really early iLiad adopters anymore. Apparently. Tribble:

Last edited by R2D2; 04-03-2008 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Edit for calling for support from another old one... ;-)
Old 04-03-2008, 01:42 PM   #8
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Amiga...the next gen R2D2? snickersnicker....

And as for the respect for the early iLiad adopters...you folks are einky gawds...through you comes enlightenment...

{pssssst...guys...think he bought that last part?}
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:44 PM   #9
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Hey R2D2, what do you mean in poll?
Broken=damaged or broken=cracked glass

I got a horizontal "line error" once, w/o broken glass.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:46 PM   #10
R2D2
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos View Post
Hey R2D2, what do you mean in poll?
Broken=damaged or broken=cracked glass

I got a horizontal "line error" once, w/o broken glass.
The screen surface looks intact. But it shows all kind of lines and does not refresh anymore. So I meant damaged.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:59 PM   #11
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
This doesn't sound like a warranty case
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #12
R2D2
Mad Scientist

Yes, although it would say that the first generation is not fit for travel then. Which is pretty bad.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #13
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I have my first generation in an M-Edge case. I put it in my very overcrowded laptop bag every day. I'm not exactly gentle when I set my bag down either. I did setup a little extra protection for the screen within the case, but nothing major (a small sheet of cardboard). I haven't had a problem in a year and a half...
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:30 PM   #14
cen
Connoisseur
cen doesn't littercen doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad (v1) / Sony Librie
As with Adam B. I'm not overly gentle with my iLiad, I rely on the basic leather iLiad cover to protect it from what ever else is rattling around in my rucksack. So far no broken screen although it did develop a row of dead pixels (not damage related), which was eventually replaced under warranty.
cen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:37 PM   #15
katania
katania doesn't litterkatania doesn't litter

My screen also broke,
also only under the screentop but with horisontal and vertical lines ,and it didnt respond anymore.
I do know why though, my dear husband smashed the cardoor on the bag where the Iliad was,,,,,,,,,,,so,,,,,,,,,I was back to paperbacks for my vacation.
275 Euros ,and a month later it came back as new!!
Now it is beeing treated as a treasure!!
Cant aford to repair that again!
katania is offline   Reply With Quote