Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-31-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
andsoitgoes
andsoitgoes began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Any hack/work-around to sync bookmarks of non Kobo ePub (kepub)

Hi all,

I know this is only officially supported on the purchased kobo ePub books, but I really want to figure out a way to do this.

Is there any way? I'm going to try faking it by renaming a ePub to kepub but does anyone have any other ideas of what I might be able to do?

I'm just really frustrated that the kobo app on the iPad doesn't display the page numbers the same, at least that'd be something.

Would love some input on this. Thanks in advance.

Nick
andsoitgoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:44 AM   #2
andsoitgoes

So nothing here?
Advert
Old 04-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #3
lessthanyouthink
Connoisseur
lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.lessthanyouthink can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad / iPhone / Kobo Touch
As someone with knowledge of how our bookmark syncing works, I can safely say that there's no way to get this working with sideloaded content without some fairly substantial changes on our end.
lessthanyouthink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #4
andsoitgoes

Flurp. That's really disappointing. I really like the social sharing with Kobo books, I find it super cool, but when I can buy a book set for $19 off Amazon that's $29 here... it's hard to justify the difference.