Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-13-2012, 12:26 AM   #1
jgrauman
jgrauman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Multiple Font Conversion

Hello, I am brand new to Calibre and just did my first conversion. I converted a Kindle azw file to htmlz. It worked ok, but there is one major problem. The book uses at least two different fonts with one of them using a non-standard encodings. It is a book with a little Greek text. The Greek text is *not* unicode. So the problem is that my resultant text may have "a - a" where the first 'a' is really a Greek Alpha in another font, while the second 'a' is an English 'A'. When the book gets imported, everything goes to one font so the two letters aren't distinguishable. If Calibre could at least input the two different fonts as two different fonts I could then write a script to convert everything properly myself. But I at least need to figure out how to have the two fonts get imported separately or marked somehow or the Greek and English will be indistinguishable in my resultant file. Make sense? I can explain more details but I'm trying to simplify things here... Thanks for any help!!!

Josh
jgrauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #2
jgrauman
jgrauman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Bold and Italic

Sorry, I also noticed that the bold and italic in the original file didn't get imported properly. Any idea why this might be? Thanks!
jgrauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2012, 12:52 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That sounds like you have an azw4 file not an azw file (azw4 is pdf emebedded in mobi and it suffers from all the same limitations as conversion of PDF)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
encodings, fonts