Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 06-15-2006, 03:45 PM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
V2 Preorder

I hope I haven't pushed your expectations up to far with the Headline...

I'm going to ask Jinke whether they'd be willing to send me a V2 as soon as the "Samples" are ready...waiting for a reseller version could take quite some time.

I'll let you know what they say, maybe some of you who are interested could do the same and could thus make them see that we really want those devices...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:50 PM   #2
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I might also, to use until at least until the Sony comes out. I actually work for a DC institute that publishes a small magazine and sending out a PDF version would be a lot cheaper for us. A good demo might convince them to do so, at least in another year or so when e-readers are more widespread (and cheaper)
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2006, 06:51 PM   #3
THJahar
Zealot
THJahar is on a distinguished road

Device: Jinke V2 Prototype
Add my name to the list, I'll buy one as soon as they come out. Perhaps whilst you are emailing them you see if you can get a special 'tester' deal set up for us forumites.
THJahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:13 AM   #4
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

I'm sorry THJahar, but I'm afraid I won't be able to do that.
Jinke replied to my mail saying they'd have to ask their "leaders" whether they could provide me with a review sample since supply will be very limited and they want to provide their local distributors of course.

I guess I'll have to be very lucky to get one.

I thought it might be possible to buy directly from Jinke like with the V8, but apparently, due to low stock at launch this will not be possible.

Sorry if I got your hopes up everyone!
I'll let you know what happens.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:28 AM   #5
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

I just got a reply from Jinke.
both good and bad news...but read it yourselves...

"About V2,we’re still discussing the business cooperation with the local companies and partners. But the process is slower than we expected, because it relates to many issues, such as format, language, interface, content supply and after-sale service etc.
This week we’ll begin to sell the sample of V2 for evaluation to our agents and collaborators who have already paid for it."

They also told me that due to short supply they won't be sending me a review sample anytime soon...but never mind...I just ordered the Iliad. It would have been nice to compare the devices and maybe i'll get a chance to do that sometime...but right now I'll start hoping and praying (or rather not praying...I'm not a believer...) that iRex doesn't delay again and that order number 470 doesn't mean I have to wait 470 days...^^
Advert