Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
Synthead
Synthead will become famous soon enoughSynthead will become famous soon enoughSynthead will become famous soon enoughSynthead will become famous soon enoughSynthead will become famous soon enoughSynthead will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 4NT
Disabling mass storage over USB

I have a kindle that runs sshd all the time. I am perfectly fine with uploading books to it via wireless and don't have any need for a mass storage mode. When I plug my Kindle into a computer, the Kindle displays the "mass storage" screen saver until action has taken place on the computer to unmount it. I simply want to charge it without this happening.

Any thoughts?
Synthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Enable usbnet (possibly usbserial, don't know how much of it is actually still there on prod devices), that'll switch the usb gadget kernel module & change volumd's behaviour (no USBMS at kernel level, and no USBMS handling at framework level).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthead View Post
I have a kindle that runs sshd all the time. I am perfectly fine with uploading books to it via wireless and don't have any need for a mass storage mode. When I plug my Kindle into a computer, the Kindle displays the "mass storage" screen saver until action has taken place on the computer to unmount it. I simply want to charge it without this happening.

Any thoughts?
Plug it into the Amazon wall charger.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote