Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-03-2013, 04:25 AM   #1
SAILORBOY808
SAILORBOY808 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire hd 7 inch
Favorite Apps for your kindle fire hd

Although many think Amazon's App store is limited, It just takes a bit of searching to find great apps that fit our needs and preferences. I thought I'd start a thread on apps...maybe glean from other Fire HD users that have found applications you love.
Top of my list: Es File Explorer, Splash Top Computer remote, Tube Mate, Amped Wireless , Evernote , Skitch , My Homework and My Camera Hd to name a few!

Hope this thread becomes interesting and useful!
SAILORBOY808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
For utilities: WiFi File Explorer

For games: Just Risk It! and Jelly Defense, which was mysteriously missing from Amazon's Appstore for a while but is now back.

Are you a new Fire owner, SailorBoy?
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2013, 02:01 AM   #3
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
Estrong file explorer and the various sketch apps are among my faves.
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Netflix, Pulse, Pandora

I bought the Fire HD 8.9 primarily for videos. The larger screen is great for web surfing and reading articles (science, nature, history, news).
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #5
runtmms
Connoisseur
runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Google Nexus 4
IP Cam Viewer. I drive in the mountains a lot. 6 traffic cameras I picked out along my route on one screen. Brilliant.

I also love dropbox.
runtmms is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #6
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Quote:
Originally Posted by runtmms View Post
IP Cam Viewer. I drive in the mountains a lot. 6 traffic cameras I picked out along my route on one screen. Brilliant.
I did not know an app such as this existed! Have now spent 30 minutes looking at random traffic cameras in the UK and Canada, as well as my local area Will see if I can integrate with my own camera set up once the Fire re-charges. Thanks for the suggestion!
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:37 AM   #7
runtmms
Connoisseur
runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.runtmms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Google Nexus 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyFDR View Post
I did not know an app such as this existed! Have now spent 30 minutes looking at random traffic cameras in the UK and Canada, as well as my local area Will see if I can integrate with my own camera set up once the Fire re-charges. Thanks for the suggestion!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks its great.
runtmms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:14 AM   #8
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle2 KFHD 7, Galaxy 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyFDR View Post
I;m going to try that out. Sounds like fun and I can see where it would be very useful as well.
iPatty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apps, kindle, kindle fire hd