Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-09-2012, 05:19 AM   #1
Gernella
Gernella began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600/Kobo Arc7
app problems

I've had my Arc for about two weeks now and have been busily trying out different reading programs. I have a lot of Ebook.Com books so downloaded them to some software it provided, Blue Fire I think. I then discovered that there is an app for Ebook.Com and afer I logged in it gave me the automatic option of downloading all my books again, which I did.

One book on the Books on Board site I couldn't download as it was no longer available in the uk site so I was feeling quite smug yesterday when I found another app, Aldiko, which allowed me to register with Adobe and I am now able to read the book.

When I first opened up I was asked to download another load of updates to the Arc, which it did and then rebooted. I was going backwards and forwards between the reading apps to decide which one I liked best. There was a problem with the Ebooks one and I found I could only see the first page, the same thing happened with the Blue Fire but Kobo and Kindle were fine.

Bit long winded but this is my first android, is it like windows, if something causes problems do you just remove the software and reload it again.
Gernella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:49 AM   #2
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Can't read the ebook.com books with Aldiko?
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
Gernella
Gernella began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600/Kobo Arc7
Well I am, only problem I have is that I can't find any bookmarks for it. When you come out and then come back it takes you right to the start again. I'm having to make a note of the page numbers when I close.

I have managed to get the Ebooks.com software going again though, removing and re-installing worked.
Gernella is offline   Reply With Quote