Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-21-2016, 01:54 PM   #1
Smartie
Addict
Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW,KOBO H2O
American reconstruction after civil war

Could anyone recommend some books about American reconstruction after civil war. Started from Lincoln 's death. I want to know how American was rebuilt from society reconciliation, political and economic integration

Thanks
Smartie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 06:01 PM   #2
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
A Short History of Reconstruction by Eric Foner
https://www.amazon.com/Short-History...011#nav-subnav

and
West from Appomattox: The Reconstruction of America after the Civil War by Heather Cox
https://www.amazon.com/West-Appomatt...TF8#nav-subnav
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2016, 08:59 AM   #3
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I found my old text book, The Era of Reconstruction (1865-1877) by Kenneth M Stampp to be pretty good, but like a lot of books from the centennial (i.e. books that came out during the 100 year anniversary of American Civil War from 1960-1965) it's not available as an ebook.

I would say that as with most controversial time periods, you really have to be careful to sample a range of views to get a true measure of what really happened.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 11:31 AM   #4
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

This is probably just a more thorough and expanded version of the book mentioned by BenG:

Reconstruction: America's Unfinished Revolution 1863-1877 by Eric Foner

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...om_search=true

Five stars for my review.

Black Reconstruction in America 1860-1880 by W.E.B. Du Bois

I've not read this but mean to get around to it.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:33 PM   #5
Smartie
Addict
Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW,KOBO H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
This is probably just a more thorough and expanded version of the book mentioned by BenG:

Reconstruction: America's Unfinished Revolution 1863-1877 by Eric Foner

Five stars for my review.
Sounds interesting. Thanks!
Smartie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert