Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
tomik72
tomik72 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-350, Amazon Kindle 3
Dead Pixel

Hello,

my PRS-350 is permanently showing one dark pixel. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this (e.g. some kind of screen reset) or if do I have to live with it?

Any hint is appreciated.
tomik72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
You can attempts a hard reset to see if that will fix the dark pixel.

See my signature for instructions on how to hard reset.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Having only the most rudimentary understanding of how e-ink works you are probably stuck with it.

On my Kobo Wi Fi there are two micro-capsules/pixels or whatever that are permanently stuck as black pigment. They don't look like LCD pixels at all though. They look like two little flecks of ink that got on the page when the book was printed. Sorta.

Not sure if that is that same as what you are seeing or not. On the Kobo, it is permanent.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
tomik72
tomik72 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-350, Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
You can attempts a hard reset to see if that will fix the dark pixel.

See my signature for instructions on how to hard reset.
Many thanks for the hint but it seems that I am stuck with the dead pixel. A hard reset did not help.
tomik72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #5
Fayth
Zealot
Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony PRS 350
Same thing just appeared on my PRS 350 this week. I'm still in the 30 day period from best buy though, so I'm just gonna exchange it this weekend.
Fayth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert