Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-02-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
LeahWarner
LeahWarner began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Pandigital Novel & Kobobookes

Hi - I have purchased a US version of the Pandigital Novel and it comes preloaded with access to Barnes & Noble, which is of no use to me in Canada as they don't allow Canadians to have a B&N account.

Does anyone know if there is a way to switch this out and replace it with Kobobooks?
LeahWarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahWarner View Post
Hi - I have purchased a US version of the Pandigital Novel and it comes preloaded with access to Barnes & Noble, which is of no use to me in Canada as they don't allow Canadians to have a B&N account.

Does anyone know if there is a way to switch this out and replace it with Kobobooks?
I assume that you are talking about one of the two LCD devices? In any case, B&N supports Adobe Digital Editions DRM which is what Kobo uses. So at the very least, without doing anything, you should be able to sideload (or even download from the Kobo website) books you bought at Kobo.

Further, since it is just an andriod tablet, you can probably jailbreak the tablet and install Kobo's Andriod reader on the unit.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
LeahWarner

Thank you Bill - are you able to give me an idea of how I would sideload Kobo onto it - that is what I want to do but unsure how to do it!
Old 11-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #4
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
B&N eBooks Are Coming to Canada
by Kristine_S
.Some good news for readers north of the border: We'll soon start selling Barnes & Noble eBooks to customers in Canada.

The update, which will take place around Dec. 1, will allow people living in or visiting Canada to shop our eBook store and download eBooks to their B&N eReader-supported devices, including the iPhone, iPod Touch, BlackBerry, Mac, and PC.

That includes nook, too, though we are not selling nook in Canada (or anywhere outside of the United States) at this time. If you're using a nook in Canada, you will be able to sync to your B&N eBooks library and access our eBook store via Wi-Fi.

We know there's an incredible interest from readers who want to buy from our eBook store outside the United States, and we are looking at our options for international sales. For now, though, we remind international travelers that they can access their online eBooks library and download already-purchased content while they're outside the United States. nook owners can access their online Library over Wi-Fi while outside the country as well.

Happy eReading.

This article is from BN.com.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #5
LeahWarner

Thank you jbcohen - that is good news!!! Maybe I will just be patient and wait until I can use the Pandigital properly and not try hacking it and risk messing it up!
Advert
Old 11-05-2010, 09:01 AM   #6
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
You can hack the Pandigital novel (slatedroid.com) and install the Borders/Kobo android app, Kindle app, and others such as Aldiko, Fbreader, and Laputa.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #7
eistot
eistot began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel Black
i downloaded

the android from the pandigital site. it was much faster then i tried to get the amazone kindle android reader and it mentioned something about scanner to the phone. I don't have a clue. Any help. Also slatedroid is not up today for somereason.
eistot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:56 AM   #8
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Can't you just surf over to kobobooks.com from the Pandigital as is and install the Kobo Android app? Or is the device not a full Android tablet?
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #9
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
B&N eBooks Are Coming to Canada
by Kristine_S
.Some good news for readers north of the border: We'll soon start selling Barnes & Noble eBooks to customers in Canada.
Really? The note appears to be from 2009. You still need a US billing address with a US credit card to "shop in Canada" for ebooks AND you won't be able to buy the Nook.

I believe this is the source of the rumour: http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...da/ba-p/410312

Unless I am wrong, B&N has no intentions of selling to Canadian residents any time soon.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:49 PM   #10
garthoid
Enthusiast
garthoid is on a distinguished road

Device: axim, bebook, BPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
You can hack the Pandigital novel (slatedroid.com) and install the Borders/Kobo android app, Kindle app, and others such as Aldiko, Fbreader, and Laputa.
I know this to be true for the Pandigital "white" unit. Can someone confirm for the "black" unit?

G
garthoid is offline   Reply With Quote