Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-20-2010, 05:21 AM   #1
vishwa
vishwa began at the beginning.

Device: none
Post page that is displayed when you first open the document on the Kindle is the Copyrigh

The page that is displayed when you first open the document on the Kindle is the Copyright page. I think it’s a Kindle default that it always displays the first page after the TOC in a book.

I don’t know if this default setting can be changed in kindle or in ncx file or in opf file?

please let me know how do i set the the first should be TOC page when you open the doc on the kindle. I have in my ncx file TOC playOrder="1" and copyrite page playOrder="2" .

thanks
vishwa
vishwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:44 AM   #2
bear4hunter
Addict
bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle 3 & DX Graphite, PocketBook 302 & Pro 603
You can edit the HTML File, and insert an anchor at the point you want reading to start.
Notepad++ or KompoZer are good freebies for editing HTML.
With MobiPocket Creator you than can rebuild the book.

I created some eBooks from scratch using Project Gutenberg's HTML-Versions, they look very nice on my Kindle I stripped the License Bla Bla however, so I think I cannot upload my versions here.
bear4hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert