Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 12-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #46
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Our top scientists are working on some kind of frabjulous, fabulous, kanfragulous hat that will stop the leaking of any literatons from the human mind. The only drawback we've had so far is that the hat is so heavy you ned a neck brace to wear it, and also each hat cost 10billion to produce.
oh, that's always the case with any new technology. look at usb key drives. they'll get cheaper in a couple of years.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #47
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Question: I viewed the new Finch covers without wearing my frabjulous hat ... have I committed a security breach?
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2009, 02:07 PM   #48
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Question: I viewed the new Finch covers without wearing my frabjulous hat ... have I committed a security breach?
It's a mandatory eight years in prison or an evening of American Idol as punishment.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:07 PM   #49
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

an ENTIRE evening ? that's harsh.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #50
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
And here's yet another cover This one is for the short story that leads into the first 'new' Finch novel.

December 1st and already I had a dead Santa Clause on my hands. Merry Christmas Mr.Finch.

The "Ho-Ho-Homicide" caught me by surprise, and I laughed out loud (Loved it! But, since I was on the phone, listening to a sad bf story from a friend, it was not exactly the time to laugh out loud..)

Quote:
No problems. This short has Santas, car chases, and a deadly situation involving a fake Christmas tree! It's highly intellectual of course and is Proustian in detail
High adventure! A fake Christmas tree..that is something I will experience for the first time today.. (hopefully, not involving homicide.. um, wait a minute.. MEN will be putting the tree together with the women waiting to decorate... I'll just hope it doesn't involve a ho-ho-homicide.. )

Quote:
Before the 20th December. Then the novels launch at the end of January Now that I've got a fixed path ahead everything seems to be getting easier and easier And I love Finch now, in his new converse-all-star wearing, Alice Cooper loving, Chevelle driving laid-back persona

Finch is almost here! Yea!! I can't wait!!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2009, 02:20 PM   #51
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
an ENTIRE evening ? that's harsh.
I know, I'm cruel that way (now where's the emoticon for rubbing hands together in an evil manner )
Old 12-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #52
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
The "Ho-Ho-Homicide" caught me by surprise, and I laughed out loud (Loved it! But, since I was on the phone, listening to a sad bf story from a friend, it was not exactly the time to laugh out loud..)

High adventure! A fake Christmas tree..that is something I will experience for the first time today.. (hopefully, not involving homicide.. um, wait a minute.. MEN will be putting the tree together with the women waiting to decorate... I'll just hope it doesn't involve a ho-ho-homicide.. )

Finch is almost here! Yea!! I can't wait!!
I aim to please Finch aims to do as little as possible and enjoy himself while he's not doing it
Old 12-07-2009, 12:38 AM   #53
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I aim to please Finch aims to do as little as possible and enjoy himself while he's not doing it
Hey, you didn't tell us he was married!!
Old 12-12-2009, 12:24 PM   #54
Moejoe
Banned

And yet another new direction as I experiment with Inkscape (the open source and gratis alternative to Adobe Illustrator)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	santadelusion.png
Views:	227
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	41133   Click image for larger version

Name:	emptypage.png
Views:	200
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	41134   Click image for larger version

Name:	greyrace.png
Views:	210
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	41135   Click image for larger version

Name:	bighurt.png
Views:	246
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	41136  
Old 12-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #55
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They look a little spartan to me. But, it's easy to see that they are a matched set!
Old 12-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #56
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt

This is my favourite flavour, so far:

Old 12-12-2009, 01:06 PM   #57
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:

I'm surprised. I thought that one looked the worst of the group. So now I'll try and figure a way of merging, seamlessly, the new and the old
Old 12-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #58
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:

This is my favorite cover so far, also.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:32 AM   #59
zelda_pinwheel

i think my favourite *cover* so far is this one :

but i like both of the first 2 flavours, generally. i like the grittiness of the first flavour.

i like the latest ones too but i agree with moe the cat, they seem a bit spartan. i love that bird, but maybe more as a logo than as the only image on the cover. it's not so much that the style doesn't work (it does) it just doesn't feel like it goes with this particular series, i think.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:57 PM   #60
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
And yet another new direction as I experiment with Inkscape (the open source and gratis alternative to Adobe Illustrator)
Just to be contrary, I really like the elegant simplisticty of these ones, though I might be tempted to make a subtle change to the bird for each of them. The top half seems a little empty. I'm not sure if I'd like them more with a very minimalistic graphic at the top (possibly a variation on a theme for each book), or not -- it would be interesitng to see.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote