Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 12-06-2009, 01:32 AM   #31
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
here's the new direction I'm taking with the covers. The others were too dark. I think this is a lot cleaner, and easier to reproduce across the line (I have outlines for at least the next year of Finch novels )
Quote:
Here are the first six titles (haven't decided on the titles for the others yet, and these might change too )

The Grey Race
The Empty Page
The Big Hurt
The Diamond Sea
The Autumn Child
The Moonlight Drive
How did I ever miss this thread? Oh, wait.... It was Thanksgiving in the USA..

I'm loving the covers and future titles... I can't wait until the Finch stories are done and I can read them. Thank you, Moejoe.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:43 AM   #32
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
And here's yet another cover This one is for the short story that leads into the first 'new' Finch novel.

December 1st and already I had a dead Santa Clause on my hands. Merry Christmas Mr.Finch.

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #33
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Here are the first six titles (haven't decided on the titles for the others yet, and these might change too )

The Grey Race
The Empty Page
The Big Hurt
The Diamond Sea
The Autumn Child
The Moonlight Drive
okay, seriously, the anticipation will kill me. and then you'll have another mysterious death on your hands ! when can we read these stories ? huh ?

Quote:
And here's yet another cover This one is for the short story that leads into the first 'new' Finch novel.

December 1st and already I had a dead Santa Clause on my hands. Merry Christmas Mr.Finch.
"Ho-Ho-Homicide"
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:54 AM   #34
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
okay, seriously, the anticipation will kill me. and then you'll have another mysterious death on your hands ! when can we read these stories ? huh ?

"Ho-Ho-Homicide"
Well here's the plan so far There'll be a Finch novel once a month (short novels in the pulp tradition but in modern day setting of around 55,000 words each). Intertwined with these will be short stories, which will be the bridges between stories. For instance the Santa Delusion sees Finch investigating the death of a Shopping Mall santa just before he leaves for his sister's in Chicago, but once he gets to Chicago he's hired by Archibald Grey to investigate the suicide of one of his top employees (The Grey Race), but can Finch find the truth before Christmas dinner is served?

There'll be another story released just after that bridges between The Grey Race and The Empty Page...this will take place somewhere between Chicago and California and probably on a train. Back in California, Finch is hired in "The Empty Page" to retrieve a sensitive screenplay that has gone missing. And so on...and so on...
Old 12-06-2009, 09:56 AM   #35
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well here's the plan so far There'll be a Finch novel once a month (short novels in the pulp tradition but in modern day setting of around 55,000 words each). Intertwined with these will be short stories, which will be the bridges between stories. For instance the Santa Delusion sees Finch investigating the death of a Shopping Mall santa just before he leaves for his sister's in Chicago, but once he gets to Chicago he's hired by Archibald Grey to investigate the suicide of one of his top employees (The Grey Race), but can Finch find the truth before Christmas dinner is served?

There'll be another story released just after that bridges between The Grey Race and The Empty Page...this will take place somewhere between Chicago and California and probably on a train. Back in California, Finch is hired in "The Empty Page" to retrieve a sensitive screenplay that has gone missing. And so on...and so on...
well that sounds absolutely brilliant to me. and when exactly will you publish the first short story ?
Advert
Old 12-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #36
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
well that sounds absolutely brilliant to me. and when exactly will you publish the first short story ?
Before the 20th December. Then the novels launch at the end of January Now that I've got a fixed path ahead everything seems to be getting easier and easier And I love Finch now, in his new converse-all-star wearing, Alice Cooper loving, Chevelle driving laid-back persona
Old 12-06-2009, 10:02 AM   #37
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Before the 20th December. Then the novels launch at the end of January
dear god, are you seriously going to make me wait TWO WHOLE WEEKS ???? i may DIE !!!

Quote:
Now that I've got a fixed path ahead everything seems to be getting easier and easier And I love Finch now, in his new converse-all-star wearing, Alice Cooper loving, Chevelle driving laid-back persona
that is excellent news, and i can't wait to meet this new Finch. i loved the old one already but i'm quite intrigued by his new incarnation...
Old 12-06-2009, 10:04 AM   #38
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
dear god, are you seriously going to make me wait TWO WHOLE WEEKS ???? i may DIE !!!

that is excellent news, and i can't wait to meet this new Finch. i loved the old one already but i'm quite intrigued by his new incarnation...
No, you won't have to wait. A copy will be winging its way to you and a few others before the 20th
Old 12-06-2009, 10:06 AM   #39
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
No, you won't have to wait. A copy will be winging its way to you and a few others before the 20th
have i mentioned lately that i love you ? seriously. love ! thank you !! i can't wait.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #40
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
have i mentioned lately that i love you ? seriously. love ! thank you !! i can't wait.
No problems. This short has Santas, car chases, and a deadly situation involving a fake Christmas tree! It's highly intellectual of course and is Proustian in detail

Last edited by Moejoe; 12-06-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #41
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
No problems. This short has Santa's, car chases, and a deadly situation involving a fake Christmas tree! It's highly intellectual of course and is Proustian in detail
oh yes, i can tell i am going to need two wear TWO pair of glasses when reading it, for extra brainpower.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #42
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
oh yes, i can tell i am going to need two wear TWO pair of glasses when reading it, for extra brainpower.

It's crammed to the gills with Literatons (a new heavy literature particle that is twice as dense as normal literature particles). Top scientists have worked for years to guarantee that these works of fiction seem like nothing more than entertaining fluff, while secretly, beneath it all, you're learning particle physics, string theory and how to eat noodles effortlessly with chopsticks.*

*Not a guarantee
Old 12-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #43
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
It's crammed to the gills with Literatons (a new heavy literature particle that is twice as dense as normal literature particles). Top scientists have worked for years to guarantee that these works of fiction seem like nothing more than entertaining fluff, while secretly, beneath it all, you're learning particle physics, string theory and how to eat noodles effortlessly with chopsticks.*

*Not a guarantee
hm, literatons, eh ? have these literatons been tested for safety and approved by a qualified government agency ? i remember the last time they tried some "enriched" litterature, it was made with heavy particles and the side effects were insane ! i read in the paper somebody grew a second head ! well, no matter, life is short anyway, and i would like to know about string theory. i am already a pro-level noodle-eater with chopsticks though.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #44
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Do you have a process in place to ensure literatons do not find their way to North Korean? I believe the U.N. prohibits the export of literatons to that regime ... part of the Literaton Non-Proliferation Pact ...

Last edited by Moe The Cat; 12-06-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:45 PM   #45
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Do you have a process in place to ensure literatons do not find their way to North Korean? I believe the U.N. prohibits the export of literatons to that regime ... part of the Literaton Non-Proliferation Pact ...

Our top scientists are working on some kind of frabjulous, fabulous, kanfragulous hat that will stop the leaking of any literatons from the human mind. The only drawback we've had so far is that the hat is so heavy you ned a neck brace to wear it, and also each hat cost 10billion to produce.