Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-26-2009, 09:05 PM   #16
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
... and a bulbous red nose and shiny top hat ...

What a proboscis! *damn I wish you could do WC Fields accents with some kind of text effect.*
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:06 PM   #17
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
you know, i heard exactly the same ! it must be true.
It must be true, I saw it on the internet.
Advert
Old 11-26-2009, 09:06 PM   #18
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
My favourite W.C. Fields quote: "Madam, there's no such thing as a tough child - if you parboil them first for seven hours, they always come out tender."

Last edited by Moe The Cat; 11-26-2009 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Fixed the quote. That'll teach me to use my memory.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 09:08 PM   #19
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
My favourite W.C. Fields quote: "There's no such thing as a tough child. They all come out tender if you parboil them first ..."

I love WC Fields. Here's one of my favourites:

Children should neither be seen or heard from - ever again.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:11 PM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
My favourite W.C. Fields quote: "Madam, there's no such thing as a tough child - if you parboil them first for seven hours, they always come out tender."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I love WC Fields. Here's one of my favourites:

Children should neither be seen or heard from - ever again.
you know, i sense that me and Mr. Fields would have been great friends.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2009, 09:15 PM   #21
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For your enjoyment:

Last edited by Moe The Cat; 11-26-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #22
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
For your enjoyment:

Link doesn't seem to be working in your post.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #23
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
For your enjoyment:

(psst, moe : don't put the whole url in the youtube tags, just the bit after the "v=")
Old 11-26-2009, 09:21 PM   #24
Moejoe
Banned

Open the door for Mr. Muckle the blind man!!! *I'm in tears watching this again*

Old 11-26-2009, 09:31 PM   #25
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
(psst, moe : don't put the whole url in the youtube tags, just the bit after the "v=")
I figured that out, but then my Internet connection went down! I suspect foul play from Mr. Fields ...
Old 11-26-2009, 09:57 PM   #26
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I figured that out, but then my Internet connection went down! I suspect foul play from Mr. Fields ...
that scoundrel !!

thanks to both of you. i don't think i've ever actually seen any WC Fields films. i must remedy that.

("what about my kumquatts !!!!" )
Old 11-26-2009, 10:11 PM   #27
zelda_pinwheel

moe, i'm finally managing to watch your video (you're not the only one with connection troubles tonight ) and i may fall off my chair laughing. i think i'm going to have to hunt down all those quotations and make an ebook out of them so i can carry them around with me in case i need a good laugh.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:45 PM   #28
Moejoe
Banned

here's the new direction I'm taking with the covers. The others were too dark. I think this is a lot cleaner, and easier to reproduce across the line (I have outlines for at least the next year of Finch novels )

Old 12-05-2009, 11:48 PM   #29
zelda_pinwheel

i love it. very elegant, and yet still a little pulp. i'm so excited for these stories !
Old 12-05-2009, 11:58 PM   #30
Moejoe
Banned

Here are the first six titles (haven't decided on the titles for the others yet, and these might change too )

The Grey Race
The Empty Page
The Big Hurt
The Diamond Sea
The Autumn Child
The Moonlight Drive