Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
Sterk
Sterk began at the beginning.

Device: DPT RP1, IREX DR 1000S
Problem with dictionaries

Hi all

I face a weird problem with the dictionaries I have loaded on my device. I'm currently using the Webster's Dictionary 1913, I have saved it in the system/dictionary folder of my device and I'm able to open it and look for words.

The problem is that when I'm trying to use the look up function while I'm reading, a message pop ups and saying: "the system cannot find your dictionaries. Please store them in the system/dictionaries folder on the SD card and try again." As I said I have already saved the dictionary in the right place... So what's going on? Do someone else faced the same problem?
Sterk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:53 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Are you using a version configured as a MOBI dictionary? This is the case with Dictionary, Webster's: Webster's Dictionary 1913, v1, 22 Nov 07 and v2.1, but Version 2.0 is not a MOBI lookup dictionary.

The DR1000S supports multiple dictionaries, so you could also try Various Authors: GNU Collaborative International Dictionary of English, V1, 9 July 07 and Wordnet Dictionary for Mobipocket ( Free).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
Sterk

Thanks for your reply, I tried all the dictionaries you mention but the problem persists...
How can I know that a given mobi dictionary is MOBI lookup dictionary?
Old 08-08-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
lastgasp
lastgasp began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000 Hanvon N516 Bebook NEO
I read somewhere around here that you if you open a dictionary while its on the device it messes up the look-up function. I suggest you delete the metadata.db in the \System\Dictionaries
folder and try again the look-up function. You can also try redoing your SD card with the DR1000 Card Contents from irex http://support.irexnet.com/index.php...temid=27&nav=0
lastgasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
Sterk

I setup again my sd card and the dictionaries are now working... Thanks lastgasp
Advert