Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 02-20-2005, 05:01 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
A Sony Clie TH55 successor soon? There's hope!

We got word from Sammy from PalmAddicts this morning which probably makes every Sony Clie fan giddy to hear: Sony might be releasing a successor model of the TH55 soon! It is supposed to look more like a VAIO device than a Clie, and - what else would you expect from Sony - it'll only be available in Japan.

A user at PalmAddicts posted some details:
Quote:
"In these days, there are rumor about new Clie in Japan. Since VZ90 has been released on Sep 2004, many people believe that VZ90 will be final Clie even in Japan. And UX50,NX80V also discontinue last month. So some users want to buy final stock of Clie and its accessories in Japan. But some shop comment that "New Clie will come in Spring".

And some Japanese BBS shows details of New Clie (he may be internally SONY member Ibelieve.) It should be new generation of TH55 series, but it looks like VAIO series. Anyway, this is good news for Japanese people. Wait few more months or within this month"
Personally I believe the TH55 has to have been one of the best PDA devices out there - even today. Thanks for the heads up, Sammy!
Old 02-20-2005, 05:13 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
It is supposed to look more like a VAIO device than a Clie, and - what else would you expect from Sony - it'll only be available in Japan.
This is great and bad news at the same time! Did you ever understand why Sony keeps hiding its best products behind the Japanese market? Sony used to be ahead of PalmOne; in fact I believe without Sony, PalmOne would still sell its Palm Vx as its top model at outrages prices.

Oh Sony, where art thou?
Advert
Old 02-20-2005, 09:41 AM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I say it's about time we have some fun with PDA rumors again! My question is whether Sony is able to ditch PalmOS and build a PSP OS machine.... you know they want to!

Anyone know what PSP is based on, and if it could be a PDA platform?
Old 02-20-2005, 06:47 PM   #4
jjesusfreak01
Senior Junior Member
jjesusfreak01 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony TH-55
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobR
I say it's about time we have some fun with PDA rumors again! My question is whether Sony is able to ditch PalmOS and build a PSP OS machine.... you know they want to!

Anyone know what PSP is based on, and if it could be a PDA platform?
I quite like the Palm OS. Why would they want to drop the Palm OS, when its not hurting them that much. The PSP is a media and gaming OS, and I dont know how it works, but its probably not the optimal os for a PDA. Anyway, no-one makes programs for it, so PPC or Palm is the only way to go.