Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-12-2012, 04:22 AM   #1
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
Apple 7" mystery tab solved?

Baby I-Pad?

Game changer? Is a certain grave (RIP Mr Jobs) being rolled in?
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:37 AM   #2
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
For me, this might be too little, too late. If they had come out with a smaller iPad years ago I would have been one of the first in line, but now that I've been using Android phones and tablets, I'm not sure if I would switch anymore. I always felt the iPad was too big and not easy to carry around, which is why I love 7" screens. Now I'm too invested in Android. Not to mention the extra memory I get from being able to use memory cards.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see if I feel the same when and if this actually happens........
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2012, 04:52 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
This story is based on an article at imore.com.

It's still just rumour at this point.

[But by no means impossible, even if Steve Jobs were still alive. He also said that no-one would want to watch video on an iPod, and that Apple weren't interested in producing a mobile phone.]
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:01 AM   #4
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
This story is based on an article at imore.com.

It's still just rumour at this point.

[But by no means impossible, even if Steve Jobs were still alive. He also said that no-one would want to watch video on an iPod, and that Apple weren't interested in producing a mobile phone.]
Good point.

But at this stage, I think I'm willing to start believing all these rumors. Something is brewing, and I'd bet a small fortune that we'll see the mini/nano/baby ipad by the end of the year.

Last edited by VaporPunk; 05-12-2012 at 05:04 AM. Reason: badz grammerz
Old 05-12-2012, 05:04 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporPunk View Post
But at this stage, I think at this stage I'm willing to start believing all these rumors. Something is brewing, and I'd bet a small fortune that we'll see the mini/nano/baby ipad by the end of the year.
I'm not convinced one way or another. I'll believe it's going to happen if/when we get leaks of photos of parts.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2012, 05:06 AM   #6
VaporPunk
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I'm not convinced one way or another. I'll believe it's going to happen if/when we get leaks of photos of parts.
My childish enthusiasm bows to your wisdom...
Old 05-12-2012, 05:57 AM   #7
heySkippy
Groupie
heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I think it'll happen, but I don't want one. I would rather have a larger iPad, not a smaller one.
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #8
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
I'd be interested in a smaller ipad. The regular ipad isn't mobile enough for my liking and I would love to be able to access my itunes content on a larger screen than an iphone when not at home.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #9
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Apple is selling refurbished Ipad 1s for as little as $279 and refurbished Ipad 2s for $319. I think Apple is NOT going to release a mini Ipad because there is no space in its pricing strategy for it

Last edited by stonetools; 05-12-2012 at 01:04 PM.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #10
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
If only this were true and not mere speculation. I would love a smaller, lighter iPad just for bedtime reading.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #11
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName View Post
For me, this might be too little, too late. If they had come out with a smaller iPad years ago I would have been one of the first in line, but now that I've been using Android phones and tablets, I'm not sure if I would switch anymore. I always felt the iPad was too big and not easy to carry around, which is why I love 7" screens. Now I'm too invested in Android. Not to mention the extra memory I get from being able to use memory cards.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see if I feel the same when and if this actually happens........
Like you, I like the 7 inch screen for its increased portability. I hope Apple does release a 7" iPad.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #12
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
Like you, I like the 7 inch screen for its increased portability. I hope Apple does release a 7" iPad.
I dunno, I prefer a 10" screen (at 96 or so DPI, not the 120+ DPI screens I've been seeing lately). A 7" screen, particularly a high-res one, can be awful small when you're writing.

Now, I'd be ok going down as low as one of the original Macintosh computers from back in the day, if the resolution was kept low enough that I'm not having to squint to read a line of text.I wrote a lot of stuff in high school on my old Mac SE from '86, including some absolute tripe that I'm glad will never see the light of day, but the screen was crisp and clear when compared to some of the higher-resolution screens I see today.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #13
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporPunk View Post
My childish enthusiasm bows to your wisdom...
No. No.

Apple will make a smaller tablet because their current leaders are not like Steve Jobs, absolutely certain that they are right and everyone else is foolish.

Many forget that his locked in stone attitude was a part of Jobs demise long ago at Apple. The locked down Mac, the Lisa.

You will use what we give you because we know best.

The new people, Cook, etc., are only "weak humans" and they will listen to the customers wishes. A little anyway.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:41 AM   #14
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
I dunno, I prefer a 10" screen (at 96 or so DPI, not the 120+ DPI screens I've been seeing lately). A 7" screen, particularly a high-res one, can be awful small when you're writing.

Now, I'd be ok going down as low as one of the original Macintosh computers from back in the day, if the resolution was kept low enough that I'm not having to squint to read a line of text.I wrote a lot of stuff in high school on my old Mac SE from '86, including some absolute tripe that I'm glad will never see the light of day, but the screen was crisp and clear when compared to some of the higher-resolution screens I see today.
I'm pretty confused by this statement.. Low res being crisper and cleaner? you can increase font size at any resolution, and I don't think the retina screen on the iPad makes fonts smaller--it just makes it easier to read smaller font sizes.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:11 AM   #15
SmokeAndMirrors
Addict
SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Pad Slider
If this is real, I think it's the beginning of the end for Apple.

What almost killed Apple during Jobs' absence was them chasing competition rather than setting it. When you have no hope of Microsoft-level market penetration, you need to SET the competition, not chase it. That is what Jobs brought back to the company.

The only area where Apple has the majority of the market is tablets. But that gap is getting smaller and smaller all the time as Android crawls up their backside, and Android is now being predicted to overtake Apple. This is no surprise. That's how it always is for Apple, that's probably how it always will be, and there's no problem with that. They don't need to own the whole market to be successful and valuable.

Lasting majority appeal has never been what Apple does well. Jobs probably got them as close as they're ever going to get. They need to just accept that and do what they do well. As soon as they start chasing the competition, it'll be the 90's all over again, and this time Jobs can't come back to save them.
SmokeAndMirrors is offline   Reply With Quote