Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-26-2007, 09:19 AM   #1
thetechnobear
Connoisseur
thetechnobear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.thetechnobear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.thetechnobear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Iliad, Kindle K3, iPad , iPhone, etc...
starting sshd over wireless?

is sshd preinstalled?

anyone know how i can start the wireless interface, and start sshd so i can ssh into the iLiad?

only just got it, and the only way i can get the thing connecting to a host is with background connect, but that always disconnects

pls point me to a thread, if this has already been discussed

thxs
thetechnobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:09 AM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
SSH does not come preinstalled. Search this forum for "dropbear". There are a few packages and installers.

SSH over wireless is a bit buggy. The wireless connection goes dormant unless there is contant activity over the line. I've been able to get around this with a ping command running in the background. But to be honest, it's best if you SSH over a wired connection.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2007, 05:13 PM   #3
thetechnobear
Connoisseur
thetechnobear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.thetechnobear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.thetechnobear has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

thxs, got it working

yeah, wired probably makes more sense anyways
Old 11-26-2007, 09:19 PM   #4
alanine
Connoisseur
alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alanine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetechnobear View Post
thxs, got it working

yeah, wired probably makes more sense anyways
It's a known bug that the CF/SD card activity interferes with wireless connection. But if you only use the internal storage of iLiad, the wireless connection is fairly stable.
alanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:32 AM   #5
thetechnobear
Connoisseur

yeah, ive had a bit more time to search the forum and found the previous thread on this...

a bit more playing, and i can see that this is a general issue with the iLiad

if i use the iDS button (for smb/computer) to transfer wirelessly:
- it will take 'forever' to move a 5Mb file to the CF
- same file, wireless to the internal memory is almost immediate

the good news, is that you dont need to take the card out.
so im wondering, do they unmount the CF when its not in use,
or is it that it only causes issue when it access CF

if the later, never access CF when using wireless connection...

im also thinking, perhaps i should always transfer stuff to internal memory and then move it across to the CF (automagically) on the iLiad.

do you guys always have a CF installed, or is it really going to kill the battery life?
Advert
Old 11-28-2007, 01:49 PM   #6
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetechnobear View Post
do you guys always have a CF installed, or is it really going to kill the battery life?
I have a CF card and it doesn't affect the battery life much, as far as I can see. But the wireless problem is a pita... I guess I should move my scripts to internal memory.

Does anybody know if this also is a probelm with MMC cards?
narve is offline   Reply With Quote