[number] entry
by means of :before :after inside the class spec:

<style type="text/css">
div.bibtexentry { margin-left: 2em; text-indent: -2em; }
span.bibtexlabel:before{ content: "["; }
span.bibtexlabel:after{ content: "] "; }
</style>

<span class='bibtexlabel'>1</span><span>entry</span>

However, when Calibre imports this, it seems to ignore the span class, as the entries are

<span>1</span><span>entry</span>

and so show as
numberentry
not really good looking.
Is there anything I can do so Calibre gets the correct formatting for these labels?
Yes, I can pre-process the XHTML, that is my last resort.
Any ideas ?

BTW, hello everyone, I'm new ;^)
scaprile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:25 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Post a full example and I'll take a look. But note that you really should not rely on "bore, :after and content, their support in book readers is likely to be very spotty, not to mention, completely absent in all formats other than epub.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #3
scaprile
scaprile began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi Kovid,
attached is a small fragment with some references, the XHTML (packed by Calibre into a zip) and the EPUB output from Calibre

Thanks for your advice, I'll see with the LyX guys if I can remove those tags and output something more ebook friendly
Attached Files
File Type: epub LyX Document - Unknown.epub (5.0 KB, 93 views)
File Type: zip LyX Document - Unknown.zip (2.5 KB, 96 views)
scaprile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll look at it in a few days, my todo list is backing up a bit at the moment.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:08 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Fix will be in next release.
Advert