Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
How many iPhones has apple sold.

No single other phone has sold this much. Regardless of how many activations there are, no single phone can match up to iPhone. None.

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/04/...ast-quarter-5/
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
No single other phone has sold this much. Regardless of how many activations there are, no single phone can match up to iPhone. None.

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/04/...ast-quarter-5/
Moto RAZR sold over 130 million units in its lifetime. Link

Last edited by afv011; 04-18-2012 at 11:57 AM.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
But: Moto RAZR sold over 130 million units. Link
My mom, dad and brother all had RAZRs. Brother has a 4S now and thinking of getting my mom an iPhone 4 (hard to find smartphones on AT&T with better battery life). Wouldn't give my dad an iPhone. He's bound to break it.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Current phones. I gotta be specific for the weak minded trolls.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #5
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Current phones. I gotta be specific for the weak minded trolls.
I'm just providing some additional info; the RAZR sold very well and is the best selling clamshell ever. May not have sold overall as many as the iPhone has, but it is not that far behind. There were successful phones before the iPhone came along.

Has any of the iPhone iterations sold over 130 million anyway? Probably not, so how is this trolling? I'm simply providing background information that other phones have sold large quantities, and maybe even more than any iPhone iteration.

Last edited by afv011; 04-18-2012 at 05:40 PM.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #6
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Moto RAZR sold over 130 million units in its lifetime. Link
That was an incredibly iconic phone. For a while it seemed like almost the only phone you'd ever see people use.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:01 PM   #7
monkeyluis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
That was an incredibly iconic phone. For a while it seemed like almost the only phone you'd ever see people use.
Now it's iPhones. I see them everywhere. Then I see a sprinkle of "other" phones.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #8
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
In my experience I think I see about 70% android phones to 30% iPhones.

Don't see many Razrs any more, although I had one myself back in the day.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #9
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Now it's iPhones. I see them everywhere. Then I see a sprinkle of "other" phones.
Weird. Here in the UK it seems everyone has a Samsung these days. It was like that while I was out in South Korea too.

Does it matter?

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #10
monkeyluis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Weird. Here in the UK it seems everyone has a Samsung these days. It was like that while I was out in South Korea too.

Does it matter?

Graham
Maybe in the US it's different.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #11
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Maybe in the US it's different.
Just so. iPhone sales are still holding up well in the US. It's true that a year or two back you'd have seen mostly iPhones here in the UK too, but that really has changed over the last 12 months.

Graham
Old 04-19-2012, 01:35 AM   #12
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Just so. iPhone sales are still holding up well in the US. It's true that a year or two back you'd have seen mostly iPhones here in the UK too, but that really has changed over the last 12 months.
Graham
Not where I live and visit regularly (London and Cheshire) - it's mostly iPhones with a few Blackberries (maybe they're just waiting to see out their contracts, lol). I did a charity run a few weeks ago, and amongst the many thousands of participants and spectators the iPhone was overwhelmingly the phone/camera of choice. Doesn't mean it can't/won't change but I think iPhone sales are holding up pretty well, regardless of where we live
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:59 AM   #13
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Live in the Los Angeles area and I've only seen an Android in the wild twice. Most folks I see either have iPhones (nowadays, either 4 or 4S, don't see older models anymore), Blackberries (probably company-issue) or old flip phones.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:20 AM   #14
Graham
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermillard View Post
Not where I live and visit regularly (London and Cheshire)
Odd, it was London I was talking about too, as well as the east coast train route. Maybe we're all just better at spotting our own brands of phone?

Graham